New Landspeed Event- The Arkansas Mile

1fasgsxr said:
Sounds fun...the spectator entry is a little steep at $25 though

Participant entry is no bargain either, 2 days at Ohio $250, Ark. $450. 3 day weekend at Ohio $300, Ark $500, ouch

I'd no idea what any of that stuff costs. For $25, I'll go watch one day.

1fasgsxr said:
Sounds fun...the spectator entry is a little steep at $25 though
Ouch, the Texas Mile is free to watch. $25? I'd rather put that towards a track day.

The SCTA tried to run a mile event at Mojave for this month. $450 for two days. Plus if you weren't a member of an SCTA club you had to join the BNI. Which equaled $525 for the event. Apart from all the changes that would have to be made to a car to change from salt to asphalt the sheer cost killed it. Not surprising. For the megabuck guys its not a problem but for Joe average it was a killer. You can run for a week (and a three mile course) for the same fee. I think spectator fee at Bonneville is $10 a day.

That price may have a lot to do with where it will be held. I'm sure an international airport isn't giving up runway space for free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

It's not an international airport. Not sure why they call it that. Used to be a military base, now, private jets, Cessnas, and the like use it.

Correct me if I am wrong but it says $25 for all three days to spectate. Not really so bad.

Back
Top Bottom