The last bike project, I promise honey.. CB550 1978

downtown809

Trying to keep out of trouble
So this will move to the head of the project list as it will be the easy one. I promise I won't cut it up..
2013-03-30_13-57-41_723_zps710a2a67.jpg

dualitymike said:
Mind if I ask what you paid and what part of the country? Looks great!
$350, inland northwest. It is a non runner, the carbs are off but it appears to be in very nice shape.

Hey ole Rob, you are two ahead of me but at 4 I am out of room so I will need to make room before any more projects.

dualitymike said:
Glad you removed that ridiculous windshield.
had to go..
So I am thinking of keeping this exhaust as it is pristine. Am thinking of a solo seat on this one. Can I just tighten the spokes and true the wheels or do the spokes need replaced? The rear has a bunch loose but unlike the CB750 it didn't destroy the hub.

i thought they were like pokemon.collect em all?when you say make room you dont mean get rid of do you?

ole rob said:
i thought they were like pokemon.collect em all?when you say make room you dont mean get rid of do you?
How many more 1978 Honda's did they make?
I might turn the 550, will have to wait to see..

So I got some work done on the shed/shop. I now have a workbench so no more squatting around on the floor. What type of wrench takes these out? Some sort of spanner wrench?
Took the wheels apart to powdercoat the rims.

So I stripped the tank and have been tinkering around without tearing it apart too bad as I want this one to run BEFORE it comes apart.

I went on a big shopping spree, bought progressive shocks, front springs, Benjie seat, chain, master cylinder rebuild kit, tires, brake pads and powder coated the rims, might just make a big pile and take a photo..

So I got the carburetors back, yes I sent them out, I hate carburetor work. There was a set of pod filters included in the box of goodies that came with the bike but the choke runs into one of them when you set it, what gives?

Probably for the best. 77-78 k bikes run like doodoo butter with pods. Hard to tune. Better of with stacks or the stock airbox unless you do like my bike is and run some 022a's.

Subscribed :)

I got the wheels back together with painted hubs, spokes and powder coated rims. The color is pewter for the spokes as will be the tank, seat and covers.

I got a set of Carpy headers for this bike and the CB750. Painted black might just wrap them on this bike..

Back
Top Bottom