CB550, the price was right so why not...

downtown809

Trying to keep out of trouble
Well I placed an add in Craigslist for CX's and this is who responds. Well I have done one already so why not.

nrcb125 said:
Nice! What are your plans for it?

Not quite sure yet. I will get it running and see what transpires. Super bike bars will be first that much I know for certain. If I get carried away it might just end up like the first one but with a hoop and a two up seat this time.

It's official, it is a 1978 cb550 with just over 13k on the clock. It has been ignored since 2002 so there are the usual rubber deterioration issues but I see no rust and the pipes all appear to be in nice shape. As it is now third in line so it will get covered and thought about for the time being.

The frame for the 750 is not done yet so I dug into this bike. I cut off the rear frame about 1" back from the pipe ends, trimmed the top part off so that the top of the frame will be flat and inserted the rear hoop. It fits like a glove and is only about 1/4" shorter than the seat I am having upholstered for the 750. The exhaust is rust free so I am thinking of either leaving it as is or painting them black.

Back
Top Bottom