CL 350 over revs without choke.

jtaylor1148

Hey Guys! So after some work I got the ole 350 up and running. But with those infamous shorty mufflers from EMGO (you cant argue with $25 lol) anyways, starting the bike up, with choke closed like normal, the bike idles right in the 1K-1.5K range. But, disengaging the choke makes the bike idle very high, I have not let it rev all the way up to see where it would stop to avoid damaging the engine. Typically, I understand this meets the conditions of what should be a vacuum leak. Which I will check for tomorrow now that I know how, but looking at the spark plugs are completely black after just a few minutes of running. Which makes me wonder if those short exhaust mufflers could be an issue. Any help if anyone has been in this same situation would be awesome! Thanks :)

Those shorty mufflers will cause some issues (particularly with the cops and your neighbours :D ), but it shouldn't be insurmountable. Sounds like you may have some carb issues...are you running the stock ones?

Yes, I have the stock carbs (722A I think) but not the stock jets, 70 main and 72 secondary. Good thing my state does not have sound limit laws ;D

Back
Top Bottom