Some progress on my cb360

dutchie

Howdy folks,

I thought I'd post a pic of my cb360. Work is going slow but steady. Since this is my first bike build, I'm actually surprised that I managed to get it all back together sofar. ;D

rollingmock2.jpg

The tank still needs paint, but I'm waiting for my tank treatment to come in from caswell.

http://www.caswellplating.com/aids/epoxygas.htm

The tank and seat are Benjie's
The front fender is a chopped cj360
The rims are DID, wm3 front and back, hubs are original. I laced them together with new stainless steel spokes.
rearsets are tarozzi
Rubber is kenda k-657, 120/90 and 100/90
The round bar at the back of the frame is actually the center stand. Not quite the same diameter as the frame, but as an improvisation it works well. It follows the lines of the rearcowl nicely.

As per this site's suggestion, I'll look into flipping the rear brake lever.

Let me know what you think.

Looks good man.

I used to say I didn't like those big speed holes in the brake hubs but your's look good.

Ever think of painting some of the internals to match your tank? That might look cool?

just thinking out load.

Thanks Bud,

The holes are made with a 1" drill bit. Now looking back I like the pattern on the front better than on the rear. (I did the rear first, and months later got to the front) Oh well...

As far as paint, I think sometimes people go overboard on the contrast. I'm going to keep everything black or polished, and very little color.

That's one of the nicest 360's I've seen. That wheel / tire combo is amazing. I considered speed holingthe real hub of my cb360 buy could not figure how how to do it safely. Your holes look really good.

For your brake lever, I'd just leave it as-is. I have some close-up pics of my brake setup on my digi. I'll post them tonight or tomorrow.

Again, good work.

--Chris

Are those rear Yamaha XS650 rims? Nice work - looking a lot like my wheels! Did you order custom spokes?

Nice work - looking forward to seeing it together.

The rims are two rears from tx750's. The spokes are stock cb450's I think. The spoke nipples could have been a little wider, maybe I'll change it in the future. As this is a first build, I actually expect to tear it down quickly again to improve certain things.

Back
Top Bottom