Chris' Cafe build (02.11.08) Winter Update

chrisf said:
I left the seat foam raw, like Kit's bike. I think it gives the polished, smoothed out bike an harder edge. I like it! Plus, it saved me $300 for getting it uphostered.

SeatFoam.jpg

As usual, I gave much better descriptions on my website. Have a rea there. Comments/concerns/suggestions are always welcome.

--Chris

Hey Chris,
What kind of seat foam did you use? Did it come black or did you paint it like that??.. I love that!!

Woody:

Thanks; that would be awesome. I'm far too vain for non-professional results...

Leon:

Hopefully Kit will speak up. It is black; I didn't paint it. To me, it feels like a foam one would use to make a pool product. It shapes well with Roloc disks and cuts with kitchen knives. It has the perfect amount of padding and isn't too tall. I hate it when seats have inches upon inches of padding. Just my opinion.

--Chris

Once again that is awesome...you are making me re-think what I'm doing!

Is this the seat cowl you bought?
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120227800590&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Woody:

Thanks; that would be awesome. I'm far too vain for non-professional results...

Leon:

Hopefully Kit will speak up. It is black; I didn't paint it. To me, it feels like a foam one would use to make a pool product. It shapes well with Roloc disks and cuts with kitchen knives. It has the perfect amount of padding and isn't too tall. I hate it when seats have inches upon inches of padding. Just my opinion.

--Chris

No, mine was this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120212941690&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=120227800590&itemcount=4&refwidgetloc=active_view_item&usedrule1=StoreCatToStoreCat&usedrule2=CategoryProximity&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget&_trksid=p284.m184&_trkparms=its%3DS%252BI%252BSS

I hate the seller. I hated doing buisiness with them. And I really don't like the seat. I'll keep it until I find a better solution. The seat also took a bunch of modification to even look somewhat right. The seat is way too tall and I'd honestly look elsewhere.

Oh, it is obscenely heavy too!

--Chris

Thanks, good to know. I was thinking of getting a front fender off them.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/HONDA-350-750-YAMAHA-350-400-RD-CAFE-FENDER_W0QQitemZ120232165781QQihZ002QQcategoryZ34284QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Sorry, caught not paying attention.

Where I used to work we' would often have big crates custom made for the big ticket stuff that we built and shipped, that foam was the stuff that those crates were stuffed with. Usually you'd cut it up to snugly fit the thing that you were shipping, I cut it up and make seats out of it.

seat062eb.jpg

I used it for Loudbikes seat

has anyone tried making an ergonomic seat? so that you wouldnt need much padding? someone should look into that. maybe i will look into it. if i find anything interesting i will post it. i think ive been sitting here too long and i should stop rambling now.

Back
Top Bottom