Aftermarket Gauge Pictures

///M3Matt

Did a quick search but didnt see any thread dealing with aftermarket gauges. I am still in the brainstorming/design process of my 360 build and was thinking about using non-stock gauges.

Post up some pics of what you are running. Also, please state what model unit it is and how you like it. Thanks!!!
_Matt

I've got an acewell 27xx digital speedo/tach. No real complaints about it. I stuffed it into the factory 350 enclosure.

2exnfq0.jpg

Uniac said:
I've got an acewell 27xx digital speedo/tach. No real complaints about it. I stuffed it into the factory 350 enclosure.

2exnfq0.jpg

That looks awesome, love that you kept the worn paint on the enclosure, looks great.

Dime City has mini gauges that would suit your build i bet. Good customer service too!

gribbs said:
Dime City has mini gauges that would suit your build i bet. Good customer service too!

plus if you get 50 posts here you get 10 percent off ;)

gribbs said:

I got a hunch that Dime City will have the Acewell avaliable soon ;)

Here's mine:

IMG_0122.JPG

Needless to say I'm very happy with it. I wanted a small tacho, but I definably wanted a rev counter and all the idiot lights too. So Acewell was the only way to go. Looks great and all the extra's are fun too (max speed/rpm, two trup distances etc...)

Video (sorry, bit out of focus, will make a new one soon):

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACb7UUtmr04[/youtube]

i started researching the acewell 27xx series gauges and how do they check the rpm's on a motor that has a cable tach? will this work or no. id love to just get a single unit and mount it in the middle and clean up the "dash"

You've gotta wind a wire around the cable sending a signal to the coil UNLESS it's a cdi igntion, which would make it a bad idea as i hear you can fry the gauge.

Bike004.jpg

Bike005.jpg

Here's where I'm at so far......

The tach is 2 1/4" and comes from JC Whitney

I bolted it through the bolt hole under my upper striple and it mounts pretty close to even across the top! ;D
I also have a small fuel gauge that I'm going to mount in the exact same place on the other side using a clamp style mount for a 2 1/4" gauge.

Here's a link for the tach:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/chrome-tachometer2-1/4/p2008924.jcwx?_requestid=1757198

Uniac said:
I've got an acewell 27xx digital speedo/tach... I stuffed it into the factory 350 enclosure.

2exnfq0.jpg

Okay isn't that a late model triple tree, controls and forks? what year bike are they from?

Uniac said:

2exnfq0.jpg

What's up with the Acewell 27xxx gauges? Love 'em, but looked all over on line and couldn't find anyone that had them in stock. Ended up getting the deuce-and-a-quarter mini gauges.

I haven't installed mine yet, but they look pretty easy. I bought a speedo with the usual idiot light assortment. Looks like just tracing the appropriate wires from the original Yamaha gauges.

I'd like to find a cleaner way to splice the wires, other than something like Autozone wire crimps. Anyone got some direction for this novice?

jbrtwork said:
I haven't installed mine yet, but they look pretty easy. I bought a speedo with the usual idiot light assortment. Looks like just tracing the appropriate wires from the original Yamaha gauges.

I'd like to find a cleaner way to splice the wires, other than something like Autozone wire crimps. Anyone got some direction for this novice?

Hmmmm... sounds like a good question for 1-800-Cafe-Help.

Think I'll post there.

I've been looking for new gauges too. Wish I could find a non-digital speed/tach in one. I'll probably end up with those overpriced jcwhitney minis...

jbrtwork said:

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

have fun.

i like to also use GPS, they have a speedo on them and are stupid easy to wire as well as act as... A GPS! just awesome!

Back
Top Bottom