Motorized Bicycle - Woody Style

fantastic, finally someone has put those tanks to a use. Way more professional looking then your average bike fitted with an engine...awesomely fluid.
What engine did you fit on there? I've been looking at those $100 kits on ebay, but am reasonably sketched out.

Isnt it cool what wood can do for class?

Very cool man!

I have a question regarding those engine kits....
How do you start the thing? Is the re a pull cord or a kicker or something? Bump start with a clutch?

The engine is a 66cc Grubee GT4 and can be had for $150 (includes S&H); very dependable 2 stroke kits. You can get them in 49cc as well; in most states that is the limit for forgoing registration, tags, license or insurance; if you are over 18.

The engine is jump started by pedaling and engaging the clutch with little effort.

If you are interested in a build visit www.motorbicycling.com; plenty of good advice and sources to get a reasonable priced engine.

My best advice is not to attach the drive sprocket to the spokes (which the spoke adapter is included in the kit); purchase a hub adpater that attaches directly to the hub; more bucks (approx. $55 ) but way more effiecient & safer.

INdeed very cool!

So it has a manual clutch huh.....Hmmmmmmm ....hehehehe
(rubbing hands together and cackling in my best mad-scientist voice)

VonYziner,

Yes some more pics are on the way. Added a little tank embellishment & auxillary fuel carrier; and woody tank side panels are in the making.

I also thinking about either building a teardrop trailer (think airstream) with wood embellishments or a surfboard rack; not sure which yet.

Will try to take some better shots of the bike (Ansel Adams I ain't). I am about 70% complete.

Any additional ideas from everyone will be welcome.

That is fantastic. I'm in love with those fenders. WOW. You might think about trading the pedals for some metal ones??Other than that... Really nice craftsmanship!

Troybilt,

Metal pedals is definitely a great idea & a must ; thanks for the suggestion.

Just want to say I love your builds; keep them coming.

VonYinzer,

That would be cool; not sure how to make them. I know... I could wear wooden shoes instead; yeah that's the ticket

2dawgs said:
VonYinzer,

That would be cool; not sure how to make them. I know... I could wear wooden shoes instead; yeah that's the ticket
bahahaha
Wooden pedals would be cool though...

Thanks for the props. I'm just about done for the summer. Maybe I'll start something in the fall.

Search for "rat trap pedals", they're the old open-platform metal framed pedals. Easy enough to pull off the reflectors and replace them with little wood panels. Or do something cool inside the open part and you can screw through the reflector mounts to hold the wood in there.

edit: image link busted, shucks

Dielectric,

This why I appreciate the site; great suggestion. Save me from wearing those wooden shoes.

Will post a pic of the finished pedals.

Back
Top Bottom