My 72 cb350-green

56cbr600rr

Not running yet. Doing a complete and slow rebuild on it-cafe style. New parts are on the way and next week it's Mikuni's from Todd Hennings Racing.

P1040769.jpg

P1040772.jpg

P1040773.jpg

P1040829.jpg

That's a pretty sweet little stable you got going there. Can't wait to see the progress on the 350.

- Woody

Thanks guys!

I really like the green too. But, I thing i'm going to powdercoat the frame red and do black body work with a white stripe down the middle similar to a Duc stripe. The pics make the tank look MUCH better that it really is. The tank might be for sale in the winter. The guy I bought the bike from gave me the tail that he fabricated. IF, I use it, I'll bondo it and give it more roundness.

Still gotta get it running though :(

56cbr600rr said:
Thanks guys!

I really like the green too. But, I thing i'm going to powdercoat the frame red and do black body work with a white stripe down the middle similar to a Duc stripe. The pics make the tank look MUCH better that it really is. The tank might be for sale in the winter. The guy I bought the bike from gave me the tail that he fabricated. IF, I use it, I'll bondo it and give it more roundness.

Still gotta get it running though :(

It's your bike and should do it up how you want,but personally the green/black paint schemes Honda put on their bikes way back when is the best color choice/schemes they ever used. That's counting all the modern bikes too,although the 2002 Erion Racing and Repsol schemes are killer.

I'd love to see them do a modern,updated CB Four but with a retro CB750 look and with retro green/black and orange/black paint schemes like Yamaha is so quick to do from time to time with their yellow/white/black on just about anything with bodywork which I also really like.

For some companies this works well for them and to their advantage. Many people know of or have at least heard of Ducati's retro paint schemed "Paul Smart" special. I believe they sold out of every one they built and rather quickly too.

For those that may live in a cave and don't get out much,here it is:
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2006/ducatiModel.jhtml;jsessionid=ZXBUM0JYT2TPICRNCB2SFFAKFUIHUIV4?family=sportclassic&modelName=SMART1000LE-06
http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/paul-smart-1000/paul-smart-1000.htm

Coolatula, Don't think I haven't thought about keeping the green. I still might, my wife wants me to keep it as well. Like you said, maybea modern interpertation of what it was. I'd repaint everything as i'm a perfectionist. Color won't come til Winter, so I have time to decide. And you're right, the erion hondas, and the yamaha retro schemes (imo) are sweet.

coolatula said:
It's your bike and should do it up how you want,but personally the green/black paint schemes Honda put on their bikes way back when is the best color choice/schemes they ever used. That's counting all the modern bikes too,although the 2002 Erion Racing and Repsol schemes are killer.

I'd love to see them do a modern,updated CB Four but with a retro CB750 look and with retro green/black and orange/black paint schemes like Yamaha is so quick to do from time to time with their yellow/white/black on just about anything with bodywork which I also really like.

For some companies this works well for them and to their advantage. Many people know of or have at least heard of Ducati's retro paint schemed "Paul Smart" special. I believe they sold out of every one they built and rather quickly too.

For those that may live in a cave and don't get out much,here it is:
http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2006/ducatiModel.jhtml;jsessionid=ZXBUM0JYT2TPICRNCB2SFFAKFUIHUIV4?family=sportclassic&modelName=SMART1000LE-06
http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/paul-smart-1000/paul-smart-1000.htm

Couple of pics of it as it now sits. Cosmetically, it will stay like this for several months til winter. That's when it comes apart and everything gets powdercoated, painted, different tank and seat/tail.

P1050017.jpg

P1050015.jpg

Great lookin bike man.
I love the factory honda paint. That green specifically. Looks good in the pics, but hey, if it ain't perfect or can't be restored then I say paint away.

Good luck with the project!

if you dont want that tank i would be thrilled to have it. maybe i have something you would want to trade or some cash?

I like that! That's kind of like the 350 version of my green cb360.

Could you post up some pics of the pegs on each side and what you did with the brake/shifter? I need to figure something out on mine.

LansB said:
I like that! That's kind of like the 350 version of my green cb360.

Could you post up some pics of the pegs on each side and what you did with the brake/shifter? I need to figure something out on mine.

P1040854.jpg

P1040853.jpg

P1040856.jpg

They are from a 2006 r6/

Thanks, that looks really good! I like those pegs a lot.

Have you figured anything out for the shifter yet? I'm thinking of something like what you have for the brake lever, attached to an extended linkage maybe.

For the shifter I just reversed the lever. That turns it to reverse (gp) shift. I prefer that anyways as all my bike's have been converted this way.

update on bike. this is mocked up, should be anchored down soon.

P1050268.jpg

Also, green tank is for sale. It's on ebay, but i don't mind selling it to someone on the board and closing the ebay sale. let me know... blklexus74@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom