'74 CB200 - Tall Dude, Tiny Bike

go to bikebandit.com and look up the 74 cb200 you can find complete assemblies there! good source for seeing how its done

NEW TIRES ON! BEEYAHH

47c5615e-7b9b-4c7d.jpg

47c5615e-7baf-4cec.jpg

Big Rich said:
What are they? Dunlop?

Duro HF317 Tire - 3.00-18 in the front {http://goo.gl/1Rsgy}
Duro Classic Vintage HF314 3.50-18 in the rear {http://goo.gl/vWFKk}

Tiny bit bigger than stock but fit great! *note* don't buy these off amazon, you should be able to get both for around $100 total. I post amazon links when I can because I'm an affiliate :)

SHOUTOUT to Andrew Sullivan who sold me a pair of CL175 pipes for 10 bucks! What a guy :D
I owe you one man!

Look what came in today! So excited to try these out:

47c5615e-3599-24df.jpg

Extra parts you see is a rising bracket for use with stock pipes, I might use it to put on passenger pegs as well we'll see.

Thanks Viet from Acacia Vintage Motorcycles in Vietnam! Solid quality!

47c5615e-35ee-845a.jpg

alec.korver said:
If your looking to buy any parts, I have tons. Let me know.

thanks man! I will for sure. Right now I may be looking for either the stock front shifter arm or an offset shift lever like this: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=shifter&x=0&y=0
I'm also somewhat in the market for a fork brace that will fit the cb200, shorty fenders, and a new battery.

Parts I have for sale after today are the stock front peg assembly/bar and whatnot, stock break rod (the super long one), stock break arm (i might keep this...)

Spent 10 hours underneath this thing today, who knew it would take me that long to figure out these rearsets! Doesn't help when I'm using tools like this! hahaha (I was so proud of this ping pong paddle press)
47c5615e-dd2f-7e63.jpg

47c5615e-db56-2761.jpg

I feel like a pro at installing them now though because I had to take them off and put them back on soooo many times to get it right!

I have to sleep now but in the morning I need to get them fine tuned, the upshifting right now is impossible.

On the break side i was having trouble because the break would go down amd just stay there. I jimmy rigged the fat spring that holds up the stock break to go through the tool box and hook onto the end of the rearset shift arm. Kinda sketchy but it will work for now. I realized i couldnt get off the stock break without taking apart basically everything so i just zip tied it to the frame for now.

Also, I need to figure out how to hook up that other little spring that triggers the rear tail light... Any suggestions? Preferably without welding, I can't weld...

byrdo444 said:
thanks man! I will for sure. Right now I may be looking for either the stock front shifter arm or an offset shift lever like this: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=shifter&x=0&y=0
I'm also somewhat in the market for a fork brace that will fit the cb200, shorty fenders, and a new battery.

Parts I have for sale after today are the stock front peg assembly/bar and whatnot, stock break rod (the super long one), stock break arm (i might keep this...)

Well I definitely have the stock shifter arm, not an offset, I would only have the stock fork brace, I do have a set of stock fenders that could be shortened, and as for battery I am using a standard wet battery. 12v 9ah. Let me know if you are interested. PS Bike is looking great!

alec.korver said:
Well I definitely have the stock shifter arm, not an offset, I would only have the stock fork brace, I do have a set of stock fenders that could be shortened, and as for battery I am using a standard wet battery. 12v 9ah. Let me know if you are interested. PS Bike is looking great!

How much for stock shifter shipped to 95973?

Been a bit since I posted, was down in Santa Cruz for the past week shootin video stuff.

Got the CL175 pipes in the mail, and ordered one of these Universal Offset Shifter Arms: http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-transmission-parts-offset-shifter-shaft-02-5000.html to help the shifting go a little better.

I'm not going to mess with the rearsets anymore till that comes and I get these new pipes on. Once the stock pipes are off I'll be able to lower the rearsets and not have to use the rising bracket anymore which should be nice.

Looking for advice on making the new rear brake trigger the taillight, and on a easy way to make it spring back into place.

Slowly tackling the pipes today, had to take a break from the rearsets. Having the absolute HARDEST time with the rearsets. I feel as if I've tried every single variation of angles and ups and downs and lengths and everything. I'd love to have someone come check it out. Any northern California people close to Chico? I can pay for your gas/time. It's been weeks and I still can't get it to shift right. On the upside of things im learning why this forum has a section called 'blood, sweat, tears and grease' haha

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348035556.446834.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348035556.446834.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 299
Don't get discouraged man. Most everyone I know has had things just "not go as easily as planned" with some part of the build. Just keep at it. You will get there. What you've done so far looks great!

I feel your pain. My rearsets ate my lunch for a couple weeks on my 175. The CL pipes will make your life MUCH easier. To complete mine, I bought a die to thread my own rods. It cost under $10 at the ACE hardware.

Persevere and you will figure them out.

byrdo444 said:
Slowly tackling the pipes today, had to take a break from the rearsets. Having the absolute HARDEST time with the rearsets. I feel as if I've tried every single variation of angles and ups and downs and lengths and everything. I'd love to have someone come check it out. Any northern California people close to Chico? I can pay for your gas/time. It's been weeks and I still can't get it to shift right. On the upside of things im learning why this forum has a section called 'blood, sweat, tears and grease' haha

It may be the clutch's adjustment that is fouling up the shifting. Barring any interference with other components, the linkage can rotate the selector shaft around 45 degrees in both directions, even when the transmission is not installed.

I mounted mine on the stock frame mounts for the CB175. The rearsets fit right into holes in those brackets and are secured with the nuts and lock washers provided. I chopped a shifter that I had lying around and drilled a hole through it for the linkage. I adjusted the linkage to put the shift lever where it needs to be and am I able to shift relatively smooth, however, I have clutch problems at this point that I haven't figured out yet. The black brake arm is the stock arm that I just spray painted.

img_1098.jpg

img_1101.jpg

Back
Top Bottom