Brodie's Bastard BSA

Yup, there's inspiration for ya'. If it runs as good as it looks you are going to be pretty tickled.

Yep. Took me a little to Photoshop that top end in there but it looks fairly inconspicuous. Which is what I am going for. I hope to be able to show up at a few historical rallies and have a lot of old blokes scratch their heads.

Ha-ha! Yes! I used to do that sort of thing with an A65 onto which I grafted the plunger tail end from an early A10. Had a lot of people scratching their noggins and saying stuff like "What's an H-57? I thought I knew all the BSA models."

You topped that Gold Star engine off with Royal Enfield goods, right?

Yep, I pasted a 2012 Bullet top end over Swans gold star engine.

My main concern at the moment is the height of the complete engine. Being my frame is an A10 I already need to clearance the frame to fit the oil pump past, which I hope allows enough room for the RE top.

Just walked in to the shed to find this.
I think I need a better bike stand. Goes to show the weight of this. It is not a light bike.

f9c6504c3b582970e2228e9fcb1fcf3a.jpg

Ouch! I hope nothing got damaged.
I friend of mine has a wooden lift, he made it about 10 years ago and swears by it. I think I still have the plans. If you're interested I'll pass them along.

There is a small cut in the seat at the rear. The vinyl is not the best so I had considered getting it redone in the future.

I would love the plans for a wooden lift. I should be able to build it fairly quick given the amount of timber I have available.

I thought it would take me days to find it, but fate seems to be on my side today. I hope this thing will take these files...Here you go:

Attachments

• Bike lift plans.doc
    7.9 MB · Views: 242
  • bench1.doc
    383.5 KB · Views: 205
  • bench2.doc
    340.5 KB · Views: 213
Well...that didn't work. PM me your email and I'll send them to you that way. Meanwhile I'll try to save them as something that I can post in case other people might be interested too.

Thanks mate, I managed to download them onto my phone. Just don't have a way of opening them.

PM inbound.

EDIT: Managed to open them. Very sturdy looking lift. I like the design.

goldy said:
Well...that didn't work. PM me your email and I'll send them to you that way. Meanwhile I'll try to save them as something that I can post in case other people might be interested too.
I was able to download them and open them up no problem. If you have a gmail account, you can upload the files to Google Drive and open them with Google Docs on a mobile device. I opened them up with Microsoft Word to look at them, but I won't print them, so I'll use Docs to reference them in the future.

It's an excellent design. Thanks for sharing.

Alright, I scanned them and saved them as a JEPEG...lets see what happens this time:

Attachments

• bike lift 10001.jpg
    bike lift 10001.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 305
  • bike lift 10002.jpg
    bike lift 10002.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 301
  • bike lift 10003.jpg
    bike lift 10003.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 313
  • bike lift.jpg
    bike lift.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 310
  • bike lift 2.jpg
    bike lift 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 965
Brodie said:
Just walked in to the shed to find this.
I think I need a better bike stand. Goes to show the weight of this. It is not a light bike.

f9c6504c3b582970e2228e9fcb1fcf3a.jpg

I had a 400F do this to me once, unfortunately I was under it. Ha

Hope all is okay !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Cycle-Dirt-Bike-ATV-Scissor-Floor-Jack-Lift-Center-Stand-2yr-Warr-/400952133163?hash=item5d5a9c062b:m:meHnfsnTgXNh3fNc4veLtLg&vxp=mtr

Tune-A-Fish said:
Hope all is okay !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Cycle-Dirt-Bike-ATV-Scissor-Floor-Jack-Lift-Center-Stand-2yr-Warr-/400952133163?hash=item5d5a9c062b:m:meHnfsnTgXNh3fNc4veLtLg&vxp=mtr

I just saw one of those the other day in person, the identical one... I don't know if it would have the clearance to get under a street bike. looked more setup for dirtbike jazz

I use a jack similar to this with my toys, works well. I like being able to roll things around the shop and it fits under one of my benches when not in use.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atvmotorcycle-lift-61632.html

Thought you might find this interesting, its on ebay in the UK now....

Attachments

• $_57 (10).JPG
    $_57 (10).JPG
    354 KB · Views: 317
So I went to a swap meet over the weekend. Didn't get enough time there because of family commitments but from what I can see it looks like I am out of luck for the main gear. I was so close to buying a BSA gearbox but it was pulled out from under me by someone who had made an offer earlier and decided to go with the price the seller wanted.

Ohh and I am still unsure about what to do with the engine. I had heard from a lot of the blokes at the swap meet that the M21 can have a Yamaha 600 piston fitted and it will go very well.

I am tempted to work on a big bore flat head, mainly because I don't want to put the kink in the frame for the oil pump.
If I could work out the height of the BSfield engine without buying the parts and it fit within the frame I would go with it. Hmm

Anyway my mind is a mess with thoughts so here is a picture of the "roller"
38993d4e3c495d3913ac55d19fccc1ce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom