Looking for a digital copy of th "1978 Honda CB750K8 CB750F3 Service Manual"

jongreenlaw

I inherited my father-in-laws CB750k8 recently...well bought it for 750$ to support their future adoption ;) and it only had 12,000 miles on it; cleaned carbs, cleaned and brought the front brake back to life, adjusted chain, gave new life to the intake boots, and it is currently my daily driver!
Until this point ive been able to figure everything out and read through the forums for help on the things I couldn't figure out. I really don't want to buy the shop manual as i am on a tight budget, we are starting the adoption process too $$$. If anyone has any link or file i am able to down load, i would greatly appreciate it!

looking for "1978 Honda CB750K8 CB750F3 Service Manual"

There is a copy out there that has all of the parts together in one download, but this should work for you

http://www.classiccycles.org/1852/3701.html

Thanks coyote! I already have the k1-k8 shop manual, though they are all missing page 132 for some reason. Said manual really doesn't accommodate that well for the k8 model as there has been alot of changes through the years. Im looking more specifically for the manual for the specific year. Ive attached a picture of it here. The manual goes for 40-60 bucks online but ive seen old forums elsewhere where people claimed to have downloaded it.
Thanks again for the quick response!

Attachments

• 1978-Honda-CB750K8-CB750F3-Service-Manual_Page_1.jpg
    1978-Honda-CB750K8-CB750F3-Service-Manual_Page_1.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 801
Hmm that does seem a bit more difficult to find. What are you looking for that isn't included in the k0-k8 f1-f3 version?

Multiple random things from specific carb adjustments and brake caliper disassembly to standard trouble shooting, and whatever else may pop up in the future. I realize that this forum consists of a plethora of knowledge that the youtube videos and service manuals lack but its always nice to have a digital in depth manual on my phone to refer to so that I don't have to seek said knowledge every time I cant figure something out and therefore abiding to the short amount of time my kids and wife allot me to work on my new toy.
Eventually Ill pick the manual up if Im unable to find the digital copy, but I would rather save my limited bike budget for other things like a carb rebuild kit and a headlight bucket / front turn signals that I don't have to salvage and rig from the Vetter WindJammer that the bike came with.

Attachments

• IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    510.4 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2385.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    613.4 KB · Views: 474
Oh there's a beauty there. I've got a K8 myself, and I've only very rarely come across anything that the FSM (for all years) doesn't cover. Anything not covered in the manual is usually easily found through a quick Google. It would be handy to have the proper year but I haven't ever found it necessary.

Good deal! Come winter time im going to rebuild the carbs, already cleaned them a bit and replenished the intake boots, they were junk before, and got her running well enough to ride daily but I still cant run it fully off of choke without mad hesitation and stalling, and half the pipes dont warm as fast as the other half, but it now rides as smooth as my cbr did back in the day.
If i find the specific manual ill either forward the link to you, or if i have to buy the book ill scan it and share it.
Thanks again for your help!

If pipes aren't warming at the same rate it's likely your ignition timing or your valves need adjusting. For specific technical info, check out the forums at sohc4.net they're a great resource for these CB's

Thank you! I will check into it and adjust both the ignition and valves next! Im sure that will also help with the bike running off choke and make the fuel air mixture adjusting more beneficial. I dont have the time or the kit to rebuild the carbs yet so anything i can do that wont cost anything in the mean time will be priority! also, the bike was sitting for about 6 years so the last month or so i focused on bringing it to life and making it road worthy. Thank God my father-in-law took good care of it and stored it properly or i would have been in over my head!

Sounds good man. Do yourself a favor and go through the FULL tune up procedure IN ORDER. Also check that your tank, petcock, and fuel lines are all clear of any rust or other obstructions. Tuning carbs is no fun when you aren't getting adequate fuel!

For anyone looking, I found it.
https://4-stroke.net/download/workshop-manuals/101-workshopmanual-for-honda-cb750-k8-1978?path=

Re: Looking for a digital copy of th "1978 Honda CB750K8 CB750F3 Service Manual"

Klymers is the best route. They'll walk you through everything. Great investment

Re: Looking for a digital copy of th "1978 Honda CB750K8 CB750F3 Service Manual"

Coyote, without the $ for plugs and what not, I did get A feeler gauge and did my time points and valve space. The bike runs off choke wonderfully! I rode with my wife today and the bike barely stumbles at all. I'm going to adjust the mixture screws again and ride like that until I can afford a proper tuneup. Thank you for the advice! It runs so nice right now!

04' CBR600F4i (sold/got married)
78' CB750k (wife came around)

Back
Top Bottom