Back Patches?

amturbev

So I got my two small patches and just need to get em on my jacket.

But they got me thinking...is there any chance we could do a run of larger patches? Because I would totally slap one on the back of my jacket. Anyone else?

-Aaron

Well,
Let me get some quotes, What sizes are you thinking about? DTT or DTTTriangle back patches?
I think Tim sports a 10" patch, there is also a minimum amount needed to get them ordered. And they will likely be $20 or more each. and if we need 25 minimum, well, you get the idea. that's a lot of money, and not everyone would want a big patch.
but let me know what you have in mind either way and i'll see what I can come up with.
Right now I am working on the shirts, hoping it goes well.

I just put two little DTTT patches on my shoulders. Another giant one on my back might be overkill. But what about some play on the Rockers motif? Incorporate the red club into the existing Rockers font or incorporating the existing Rockers font into a larger club shape...

Eddie..I see the limitations. And Dave, I understand the concern as well, as I was thinking of all three patches covering the jacket, ha.

Just throwing the idea out there...Id be down for one if it comes together, but no bigige. Im also open to something a little different, along the rockers line, etc.

I mean "D3T" as a patch. Rather than DTTT, and maybe that with a spade or something similar.

Guys, you have to be REEELY careful when you start talking about back patches. This can put you in a world of hurt with the 1%ers. Before you know it, you may be "invited" to prospect, or get out of town - speaking from personal experience.

No offense, but I won't be riding with anyone wearing a back patch that resembles any implication of a club. (unless it is the 59 Club)

Well I've been riding around with 2 really big (12" and 10") back patches on my jackets for years and NEVER has anyone looked at me sideways. Maybe I don't hang out in the right places or visit the right places?

And we've ridden in large groups, with many of us sporting the patches, we have displays with banners at shows... maybe that's why nobody bothers us - they know we're a bunch of 99%'ers ;)

Yeah, well... maybe you haven't Tim. It only takes being in the wrong place once, or running into some Prospects with something to prove, to get yourself in a mess. Been through this before with another club.

I don't endorse the group doing back patches. Sorry if I am in the minority. No offense intended, but if I am leading a ride, no one wearing a DTT back patch will be welcome, you'll need to take it off.

With got 3" patches, shirts coming, possibly stickers. Sounds like plenty to me.

Also speaking from experience. If its just one big DDT patch without any top or bottom "rockers" you should be just fine.
If you were sporting some location specific bottom patches and happened upon some non weekend warriors sporting the same, you might have a problem.

Conrad B. Something said:
Also speaking from experience. If its just one big DDT patch without any top or bottom "rockers" you should be just fine.
If you were sporting some location specific bottom patches and happened upon some non weekend warriors sporting the same, you might have a problem.

Well that is where we may have a problem. Our particular patch has a State and Region. Even though it is not a MC patch, and does not have rockers, making a back patch with that info (state and region) above can and will send the wrong message to some.

I am personally not for making a D3t back patch made, but fine with the regular DTT back patch.

The other side of the story is, as mentioned above, wrong place, wrong crowd. you can avoid it and should stay the heck out of some places and situations, But there are also the times when it doesn't matter and you may be inadventerly provoking a 1% er.

Just wondering where I can pick up DTT patches ? If there out there

could be wrong, but i thought the big deal with "those guys" was having your patch broken into three parts.

- upper banner - club
- logo
- lower banner - area you "own"

i didn't think they looked at a single patch the same way.

regardless... i don't care. i wouldn't get a large patch. not because of fear, just don't want one.

dean owens said:
could be wrong, but i thought the big deal with "those guys" was having your patch broken into three parts.

You are assuming guys with names like Tank, Lefty, or Enforcer have rules and protocol? :) To some extent, maybe. 3 part patches are a definite no-no. There is still some gray area out there though. As Eddie points out, the way our local group patch is laid out, with the NC on the bottom, and something of a logo in the middle, it could be misconstrued a bit when blown up.

Just my two pennys : I for one dont care about 1%ers that is a thing of the past. ive been around some of them and the funny thing is if you show them some respect most of the time they show you some back. its the ones that want that image that mess things up not the guys who really are true bikers. if i was to sport back patches its the same reason they do to support the group of riders i ride with. not to claim turf or take anything from them. and if there not smart enuff to know that then i guess they are 1%ers in brain power.I look at it as : IF YOUR ON TWO WHEELS(maybe 3) your cool with me ! IMO

Back
Top Bottom