RALEIGH NC DTT'rs

yeah well...yesterday they said it was suposed to rain today and it would be cloudy, guess what? I rode for over 3 hours today and had a blast in the sun.

Eddie

I'm making a run for it tomorrow as well. Not that anyone HAS to go and ya'll probably gotta hang around the house because of the holiday. But me and 2 other friends are going for a ride tomorrow. If anyone else feels like tagging along, let me know before tomorrow 11am. PM me or call. We will be leaving from my house in Franklinton. ;)

Rode for 120 miles or so on the 73 tx650. not the smoothest ride, but i got back home in one piece and was able to approach close to 90 mph from time to time.

So I suppose we're still on for this saturday? It looks like the weather is going to be prefectlly hot. and sunny. Bring sunscreen, LOL

i'm having tire issues. just broke the bead and re-aired them. if they hold air and feel good in the morning then i plan on being there. it'll take me about an hour to get there from here so i'll make sure i leave early so i won't get left. i'll be the fat guy on a blue fz6 ;D

Hey Dean, Joe, thanks for coming out for the ride. I had a blast, good weather too. (well a bit hot, ok, ok, very hot) But it was nice. Next time we can head towards jordan lake. it will be closer to you both.

Let's pick a date for July. Sometime after the 4th would be great.

thanks for leading eddie. i enjoyed it. it was hot though. i think i'm going to need to wash my helmet liner. was a little funky by the time i got home.

as far as july, i'm not sure what i can do at this point because i know my in-laws are going to want to vacation with us and i don't know when they'll be able to. i'll let you know when i can.

oh, eddie, i meant to ask you this yesterday... how much did it cost to get your frame powdered? i plan on taking my cx down to the frame to deal with rust issues. just trying to figure out if i'll be painting or powdering. and how much do you think your friend (sorry, i'm drawing a blank on his name) would charge to powder some rims?

Dean, I'm glad you made it home safe. No problem about the next ride date. YES it was HOT , so hot in fact, that when I got home I was exhausted. Could be the riding position on my bike as well thoght.

I got my frame powder coated at Top Coat in Raleigh about 15 min from my job. I paid $225 and that included the lower tripple tree and swing arm. other places wanted $350 just for the frame.

My friend Jake (who rode with us) also powder coats, but smaller stuff, he doesn't have an oven big enough for wheels. He use a regular kitchen oven so there's no way for him to do wheels. But that place where I got my frame done also does wheels etc.

I think the next ride should be towards Durham country by Jordan lake and that area, Joe knows that area as well and it will be closer to the both of you's.

Talk to you later man, stay safe.

This is the only photo I have from the ride, and too bad it was a phone photo:

Clarksville, VA DTT ride June 6, 2010 90 degree temp.
Eddie (xulf13), Joe, Jake, Dean
P05160646.jpg

Hey guys...
Made it home safe. It was nice to meet you all, and look forward to making it out again one of these days. Eric was dissappointed he could not make it, but he had lots of stuff to take care of since it was so close to our up-comming mountain trip to N GA this weekend. Maybe he will be able to make it to the next one. I have a couple of photos I will load up and post here when I get time to do it, but that will most likely not be until next week. I have a full schedule this week getting things ready so we can get on the road wed night! Talk to you guys soon!

And PS.....

Eddie- buy something like this and fix your oil situation before it bites you!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BREATHER-FILTER-1972-MOTO-GUZZI-72-AMB-ELD-750-71-/380168571445?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5883d00a35

Something like that mounted up under your tank so it would condense and drain back into the sump and still let off the blow by may be the ticket. It would have to be higher that the port those hoses are hooked to.... I also was wondering if maybe your oil level could be a bit too high???? Some times these bikes need to run with the oil level towards the "ADD" mark instead of towards the upper "FULL" mark??? Just a thought. If I can help let me know!

Hey Eddie the guy who built my bike is in Raleigh. I know he likes to get out. His name is Johann Keyser and here is my bile as proof this guys knows his business.

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af231/tobyb41/CB550%20Mamba/?action=view&current=IMG_9409x.jpg&newest=1

Let me know if that link for some reason doesn't work. There are some other pics in there so feel free to browse. This guy also builds GT40's and you can see them at www.cav-america.com.

Sorry for the advert but I need to get the word out. Also you ever get the the Charleston area? Would love to head out with a bunch of DTTs.

Toby

xulf13 said:
Any DTT'rs in the Raleigh area wanna ride out? I wanna develope a network of Cafe Racers to hang and ride every once in a while or weekends etc...

Let me know

Eddie

Toby,
Yes I know Johan. I was there while he was building your bike. VERY SWEET BIKE INDEED.
One of the best looking bikes I've seen, Johan does top notch work. And is a very cool guy. I was supposed to go and see it the day he turned the engine on after the work was finished, but I got slammed with work prior to that day. He works about 15min from my job.

I will most definetly contact you if I get to Charleston.

Back
Top Bottom