Enduro GR- break her down for parts.......

Re: Dirty GR- back end all together

Good eye Mike. I plan on putting "something" down there for protection. Just haven't worked out those details yet. The oil pan is the bigger concern- it is the lowest point and isn't easily protected. I'm gonna try to tread lightly once this is rolling, but I don't know how long I could resist.......

Right now there is no title for it but I do plan on getting one from Diesel. I'll work something out for sure......

Big Rich said:
Good eye Mike. I plan on putting "something" down there for protection. Just haven't worked out those details yet. The oil pan is the bigger concern- it is the lowest point and isn't easily protected. I'm gonna try to tread lightly once this is rolling, but I don't know how long I could resist.......

Right now there is no title for it but I do plan on getting one from Diesel. I'll work something out for sure......

Definitely share if/when you do it Rich! I have plenty of alu. sheet left over I intend to do the same with for my 450 but that's down the priority list at the moment. Need to figure out how to mount the sucker.

Mike-S over on the GSR is doing one for his GSX250 but he hasn't made progress on it for a while...

I expect mine will be 99% appearance, but I still intend for it to be reasonably useful for some protection.

I know a guy that lives pretty close to you, Rich, that just happens to have a bunch of Aluminum sheet sitting around. Ha.

Unfortunatly, I dont Justin. I have to give my truck back tomorrow and couldnt get it out in time. If someone wants to come to Pittsburgh tomorrow before 3:00 with a truck, its all yours.

No problem at all gentlemen. There's aluminum on every street corner......kidding.

I still have some aluminum panels around the shop, and can't get some steel easily as well. Took the GR up to Jim's today. Told him to take his time on it - so sometime next week or the week after. Also, the carb mounts from Swagger came in today and I didn't get a pic of them yet. They are puuurrrdy.

Rich a few Qs if ya don't mind.

What Kenda is that?

What ya hiding on the other side of that wall?

Did ya see that guys engine guard in that link I sent you?Maybe something to consider if ya not gonna be bashing the engine case on rocks n ruts.It's not a true skid plate but helps protect the engine from flying debris and caked on dirt and mud.

That would be their K761 model, in 100/90-19. Which wall- this one?

photobucket-4082-1315537523413.jpg

It's my "hoarding" problem. I'm so ashamed........ha! But I did see that gravel guard. Originally I was thinking about getting some steel mesh, but some drilled aluminum plate would probably be better IMO.

Thanks for the info on the tire.

Cool layout but,No.The other side of this wall.Is there some secret mod you are working on the back half of your bike?

photobucket-4216-1315427966382.jpg

Oops! Haha, no. No big secret. When I take a pic with my phone, that's just how it is displayed. And I was buffing the tank and had a "pee pad" covering the engine that I didnt want in the pic......Notice how the pic of the garage is wider than it is tall? Just how I was holding my phone.

Ahhhhhh I see said the blind man.I thought you were gonna come out with a DR rear frame and tail on that monster. ;D

Big Rich said:
That would be their K761 model, in 100/90-19. Which wall- this one?

photobucket-4082-1315537523413.jpg

It's my "hoarding" problem. I'm so ashamed........ha! But I did see that gravel guard. Originally I was thinking about getting some steel mesh, but some drilled aluminum plate would probably be better IMO.

Ashamed!? Man I wish I had that much stuff and room to put it in!

I'm working in about a 6 or 8 square metre area in front of one of the cars in the garage, and probably half that room is taken up by the workbench and my mess and the bike...

I'm gonna havta take a pic this morning now just to show you how jealous I am :p

Man I was happy that I built a loft in my shed to get some space to do some work on the bikes when it rains. I wish I had a garage to fill with lots o bikes and parts too!

Ha! The only reason I took a pic of the garage is because I just cleaned it.....the more space someone has, the bigger mess can be made.

Here's what I work in Rich, and between the lack of room and being a messy bastard it's a bit of a squeeze! I'm standing in front of the other car taking the first pic...

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Now you can see why I'm envious of your stash and room....

Only way to get more room is to roll the cars outside...

Anyway, I'll let this thread resume normal operation now ;)

My big building is 12 feet deep by 16 feet long with a dirt floor.My other building is 8 feet wide by 12 feet long.Both have power.The small building has heat when I take the portable electric heater out there.I have a ramp that is 2 feet wide by 8 feet long.I use it for loading my truck and moving bikes in and out of the building.

Sorry for the crumby cell phone pic.
0905091601b.jpg

peteGS said:
Snip.......

Only way to get more room is to roll the cars outside...

Me and the wife have a pretty good arrangement : if there is no snow or ice on the ground, the garage is all mine. She does get fired up in the winter if she opens the door and there's a cycle in 100 pieces laying in the garage though.

Big Rich said:
Me and the wife have a pretty good arrangement : if there is no snow or ice on the ground, the garage is all mine. She does get fired up in the winter if she opens the door and there's a cycle in 100 pieces laying in the garage though.

We have an arrangement too... two of the three cars must be in the garage before dark... ::)

Occasionally an extra one gets left outside so I get a whole half garage to myself...

how does the dirty sound with the pipes cut so short? im gonna cut them right past the pegs too and put header wrap around them the whole way

Honestly? Like garbage. Plus you lose a good bit of performance with pipes so short. The mufflers I have for this are the same sold from Dime City, and I took the baffles from the originals and shoe-horned them in the new ones.

man, I havent checked in on this in a long time...? Looks like fun man. as the pipes go, a 2-1 with lots of pipe and plenty of back pressure would be great for this thing. Lots of torque....

Back
Top Bottom