The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

just been going over the bike checking it and noticed that the paint on the cross support of the swingarm is bubbling from rust under neath, some has chipped off and its quite heavy. looks like i'll be pulling the swing arm off for a respray soon.

Attachments

• DSCF5208.JPG
    DSCF5208.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 267
to stoker crazy:
i have some probleme with my tarozzi clip ons
i just can't have the bar going completly inside
do i have to tie them more?
i noticed you don't have that space on the bar.
sorry for my poor english

lariviere said:
i have some probleme with my tarozzi clip ons

If I understand your question correctly, the bar should fit with the flange against the alloy clamp, like this:

item.JPG

A photo would help to make the problem clearer.

Crazy

Hey Crazy,

Could you do me a huge favour and when you have a moment, post a photo of your bike front on? I am kinda curious to see where your clips ons sit, cheers mate

Just posting an Interesting article I found comparing the Ace against the Sinnis Cafe 125. Surprisingly, they rate the Sinnis better than the Ace, but I think that they miss the point in the fact that half the fun of the ACE is making your own modifications. I think that everybody would agree that the standard performance and std. suspension need improving!
http://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/downloads/MCN%20Cafe%20Review.pdf

The verdict that "Sinnis wins on performance" is hard to credit. With a 23% weight handicap for the Sinnis I'm not surprised that they found the 'Ace' to be "slightly faster than the Sinnis".

HerbertD said:
… half the fun of the ACE is making your own modifications.

I couldn't agree more!

Crazy

Thanks for the photo Crazy, just wanted a reference for the clip ons. Still looking at getting a pair, but have my heart set on making a seat first

Hi all - is there presently anywhere to buy a de restricted exhaust system for the Ace in Australia? I'm not too keen on going through the effort of buying the pipe and tip from OO and then having to cut/weld etc.

Much appreciated.

Morgan_au said:
is there presently anywhere to buy a de restricted exhaust system for the Ace in Australia?

We keep hoping but so far no luck!

Possibly there is someone in your area who can bend pipe and weld. It is the best option as most other alternatives offer pipe that has too large an ID or is too short or both.

Crazy

Can sort out a custom stainless complete unit from NZ ;) not sure what freight would be like. Have a look at my bike thread to look at mine. If you've heard of a little bike from New Zealand called the Britten, mine was made by a guy who used to build them :) http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=63624.0;attach=132560;image

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=63624.0;attach=132562;image

No, not if you do what I did.
I filled mine with car body filler and flatted it off with wet and dry, then spray painted them.
Tad

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 258
Back
Top Bottom