Cameras? What do you guys use?

frogman

'74 CB360, '71 CB450, '75 CB550SS
I'm finally in the market for an outdoor rugged camera since I've been wanting to film some of my tower climbs, bike rides, and other things. I've been staring at GO Pros for months now but I'm having an issue of trying to stomach that type of money for it.

Was walking around Sportsman's Warehouse over Christmas with my dad and happened to see a few Midland cameras sorta like these, cost was close to that...

http://www.midlandradio.com/Action_Cameras_XTC.EBK/XTC150VP2

I almost bit then but I was looking for other stuff and had no extra cash at the time.

Two days ago I'm in Wal-mart of all places, and I see this hanging on the wall...

http://www.midlandradio.com/Action_Cameras_XTC.EBK/XTC200VP3

For $80 bucks. :eek: Now I donno about you but I don't care about the 720p, I just want something to play with and at that cost I can care less. It comes with a helmet mount and a bar mount. There are also plenty of accessories, including the water proof housing and any mount you can think of for sale. I like the size and the run time and the fact that I'm not gonna have 300$ in the thing when I break it.

What does anyone else think? What else are you guys running?

hey... if it sounds like a good deal that your comfy with jump all over it.. I run two gopros right now and love them but to each there own.... you may want to look at the contours as well i believe they are a little more affordable then the gopros

go pro is definatly worth it, HD shock proof water proof, wide angle lens super small and makes a good picture camera check out. reviews of any camera you buy on youtube first. See if any on has any issues with the one your looking at.

I just picked up a GoPro last week. After using it I wish I had gotten one sooner! I bought the Hero2 motorsports edition on sale for $249. Definately worth every penny!

I use a GoPro as well - just sold my Hero HD and upgraded to the Hero 2.

Yesterday on a whim I picked up the 3D kit. Was on 1/2 price somewhere blowing out their GoPro accessories. So hopefully going to borrow another Hero and shoot some 3D.

I can only speak for GoPro, as that's what I use, but I've been very happy. I use Pinnacle Studio for editing and have been happy with that as well. Good luck on your purchase.

I also use the Go Pro HD Hero 2...
I got the outdoor edition. I still need to buy some more accessories

Sweet camera, you wont be disappointed if you do get it.
Here is a timelapse I shot with it outside a remote village in the southern part of the Philippines a few months ago

Dang it, why isnt it working? I copied the img link

GOPRO ALL THE WAY!! So many versatile options, endless possibilities with some creative mounts :D

Back
Top Bottom