Re: Scott's 1974 CB360 project- She is alive!!

Re: Re: 1974 CB360 project- lots of pics and progress - - not many comments :(

Really clean build mate :)
I think your engine will look great with the satin casings, as everyone says, these are some of the best looking engines of the era.
To do the over lay on your clocks did to have to prize the glass off the top?

looking good. Has the snow melted up your way yet. We just got like 2" and it stayed, means a few more days of waiting till I can get the bike out of the shed :(

Erskine said:
Really clean build mate :)
I think your engine will look great with the satin casings, as everyone says, these are some of the best looking engines of the era.
To do the over lay on your clocks did to have to prize the glass off the top?

The only hard part is getting the stainless steel ring off the waist. Then the guts are just all stacked on top of one another, the glass sits in a rubber gasket.

Maritime said:
looking good. Has the snow melted up your way yet. We just got like 2" and it stayed, means a few more days of waiting till I can get the bike out of the shed :(

Thanks, we have a shit-ass-load of snow still. I was in Saint John for the weekend and there was none until you went in the woods where there was still enough for a nice snowshoe.

Re: 1974 CB360 project- lots of pics and progress - - not many comments :(

200636_10150460386145226_622655225_17935425_3953891_n.jpg

Here's a peak at what the front end will look like with the tach, speedo, signals and big Honda Hornet halogen headlight. I am reading that I'll likely have to go to a smaller output H4 like a 35/35w. Any comments?

IMG_6820.jpg

IMG_6824.jpg

And from the riders perspective.

IMG_6825.jpg

Looks great, must feel good to be doing the final assembly.

mspringer said:
Looks great, must feel good to be doing the final assembly.

Thanks for that. It's almost final assembly. Will be disassembling some a few times likely ;)

hey, were there any pics you wanted of mods others have done? i saw you wanted a shot of the mounting of a steering stabilizer which im gonna take later tonight for ya. anything else specific?

dp9 said:
hey, were there any pics you wanted of mods others have done? i saw you wanted a shot of the mounting of a steering stabilizer which im gonna take later tonight for ya. anything else specific?

not that comes to mind, thanks! Where can I find the pic once it's posted?

Ill post it right here in your thread for easy reference. also, I would go with a 35w/35w H4 bulb. you could get a significant power draw from running a higher wattage bulb that could affect performance. ask me how i know.

Digging the bike! Really liking the seat. Should look really sweet riding down the road when it's all completed :D

SpottheDogg said:
I put the tach back together this morning, I think it looks great. I have two extra overlays like this if anybody wants to Paypal me $12 shipped. incline@nb.aibn.com

LOOK GREAT, how hard is it to take the tach apart? I been trying to figure out what's the best way to take it apart. any pics of it apart?
thanks

IMG_6816.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out how to fold the edge back down without scratching the paint.....

IMG_6815.jpg

Great build you got going spot. Love the paint. :D

i see you have the shifter flipped ( or as far as i can tell ) whats your brake setup going to be?

heres how i did the steering stabilizer. mounted it on the right side with some aluminum angle iron, sprayed black. used two self tapping sheet metal screws with rubber/metal washers from lowes. on the tree, i just drilled a hole and put a nut on the bottom with some red loc-tite. I put the tank on, positioned it as close to the tank as possible, and then took the tank off and marked the position of the bracket (angle alum).

IMG_20110326_020531.jpg

IMG_20110326_020721.jpg

god, im a bad photog. im sure being drunk doesnt help. oh well. let me know if you want some sober shots of the setup.

benarmour said:
Digging the bike! Really liking the seat. Should look really sweet riding down the road when it's all completed :D

That's, I really liked the seat the first time I saw it. I am really starting to feel attached to the bike, lovin' the lines.

I didn't take any pics of the tach while apart, I should have I suppose. But it seemed like there were lots of pics on taking it apart already.

I just peeled the stainless steel ring open and it all comes apart like stacked cups.

cafePete said:
Great build you got going spot. Love the paint. :D

Thanks Pete, like I said you have been a CB360 inspiration.

CBdublin said:
i see you have the shifter flipped ( or as far as i can tell ) whats your brake setup going to be?

That was just sitting there as I was putting it in neutral. I am using some Tarozzi folding black rubber rear sets

Back
Top Bottom