1982 virago 750. No idea where it's headed.

ABCanuck

Coast to Coast
Well, it's my brother in laws bike, which is why I have no idea where it's headed. We picked it up from a friend of his for free. Needless to say I was pretty jealous. New gas and a charge, and it fired right up.

No pics other than the current one because I lost them all arrgh! But so far, a 2001 r1 front end, new subframe, and we wrangled up an old kjs single carb conversion as well. How she sits after having her for about two weeks. Aesthetically, bear in mind I'm not calling all the shots haha, but so far I'm liking it.

e7yqe3ad.jpg

Pretty beefy looking tail section. Is that aluminum? I've got two 920s, one I'm making into a Euro-clone roadster, the other is box stock so far. Viragos have gone from a forgotten line to a fairly desirable one to customize. (Actually, I guess the '84 and up models have always been customized, but as cruisers!) Can't beat the price!

will that front tar clear the head at full bump ? also unless you get that thing up a bit it is not going to have any cornering clearance

Lots of clearance on the front end xb, especially when he replaces with an aftermarket r1 rim. I was thinking the same thing on the cornering train of thought. I haven't actually been over since the front end went on so I'm gonna take a look then. And yes, the subframe is aluminium and beefy looking. I would have preferred something a little less bulky but he likes the overkill look. Hence the front end.

So clearances are looking ok. Next issue. Bike is only running on the front cylinder. Coils, wires, plugs are all good. Kick start switch is also good. Other than the TCI and pickups is there anything else that would cause this?

Again, it has the single carb conversion but is there any way that one cylinder would fire and the other not if there was insufficient fuel delivery?

Back
Top Bottom