Yamaha R5C - TR3 Race Rep

There's a box of hardware that came with them. Looks like some springs and other stuff. Flanges are probably in there.

If they're not, will stock work?

They appear to slip fit over the flange, so you will probably need a flange that bolts to the barrels that those pipes can slide over/into.

Depending on the size of stock headers, it might be possible to chop up a set stock headers to make them work as adapters/flanges.

Those pipes look like they are straight at the front end, so the flange/adapter design would have to let them slip inside. I see the spring end loops

All pipes seem to use Patriot brand mufflers which ironically enough are made in Mexico IIRC. If they are Bassani, they are well worth keeping. Send me dimensions and I can see what MOTA has to say about them

teazer said:
If they are Bassani, they are well worth keeping. Send me dimensions and I can see what MOTA has to say about them

Those aren't Bassani, but if you DO run across a set, they are indeed worth getting. Far from the best looking, but they're rare and work excellently with the stock(ish) porting.

Just from eyeballing them, they should work even with a relatively stock motor, but the short mid-section suggests, that this one will make rather high-up in the range, i.e. at around the 5-digit mark, which for the intended purpose of this bike sounds rather good to me.

teazer said:
Send me dimensions and I can see what MOTA has to say about them

May I please get a run-through of what I'm meant to be measuring? Not sure which dimensions are the meaningful ones.

Length and diameter of each section close to the center line i.e. half way round where there there's a change in angle

http://www.tz350.net/images/dyno_and_misc/r5_to_tr3_ex_chamber.jpg

http://dragonfly75.com/motorbike/images/ExpChamber.jpg

Here're the numbers on the inside of the forks.

ZX600?

Attachments

• 20180319_113945_1521484785853.jpg
    20180319_113945_1521484785853.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 309
Also... I finally got around to measuring the chambers.

They do look a lot like the old DG ones I've seen, maybe this will confirm that part match as well.

The "stingers" are pretty chunky and appeared to be packed with silencing material. That particular measurement is the outside portion, but there does seem to be an inner pipe.

Attachments

• chambers.png
    chambers.png
    42.5 KB · Views: 643
irk miller said:
Not at all, but I'm pretty sure that confirms it's ZX600 or ZXR750 forks.

ZX600 top triple on the way from eBay for $15. Let's see what happens...

Back
Top Bottom