Welcome to my Fantasy...

Oh HELL YES!
I caught a show on documentary channel a while back and posted this on another forum. The "LINKY" takes you to buy the video, but you can watch all 52 minutes of it here... http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/isle_of_man_beyond_the_tt_race/ ;D ;D ;D

Surfing the channel guide last night I came upon the Documentory Channels Isle of Man: Beyond the TT Race (coulda swore there was an "x" at the end of Man, Mann, Manx)
Not a bad way to spend an hour watching a little about the history, culture of the island, and the background on its motorcycle race. Some really nice riding footage as well. "Mad Sunday" sounds fun, the Sunday between time trials and the race they allow amateurs to ride the 37 mile closed circuit. No on-coming traffic and no speed limit... but from the looks of it you better stay in the slow lanes and keep an eye in the mirriors when you do pass. :shock: ...Would be nice to say I've run it once in my life.

LINKY

There is a place in the middle of the Irish Sea where the cats have no tail, there are no speed limits and for two weeks every year, you get woken up by the screech of speeding motorbikes. But there's much more to the Isle of Man than the world's most famous motorbike race. This lighthearted documentary profiles the island during the TT race. (51 minutes, 2007)
Isle_of_Man_TT_Course_(OpenStreetMap).png

wow after the first time i seen that isle vid i spent months looking for that song and eventually ripped it out of the youtube video, but after hearing it without the sound of TT bikes in the back ground ill keep the version i have :p

Wow I have goosebumps! I like how they morphed the new and old bikes together on the same strech of road. Mmmm sitting on a patch of grass on the side of the road on a sunny day watching the bikes go by, with a dark beer in my hand...Heaven.

Weezy said:
Wow I have goosebumps! I like how they morphed the new and old bikes together on the same strech of road. Mmmm sitting on a patch of grass on the side of the road on a sunny day watching the bikes go by, with a dark beer in my hand...Heaven.

id rather be the one on the bike!

its insanity when you consider these men are willing to strap themselves to a 240mph rocket and go flying over bumps that send them into insane speed wobbles and taking turns with cliff drops to the side of them. all for a trophy. and fame. and glory.

me, id probably do it if i made it to that level of competition. than again my family has a long history of mental issues. :D

Wow Noel, your 'fantasy' involved more crashing and fire than I would have guessed. About the right number of dudes in leather though... ;)

Awesome, awesome video Leon. Thanks for posting.

Not to hijack the thread but hopefully add to it here is a little more footage from on the the Legends.
On board with the Richard Britton Isle of Man
He doesn't let off the throttle for the first 48 seconds :eek: :eek: :eek:
I love the deep tuck he gets at top speeds...Ok everything about the video damn near stops my heart
RIP RB
Richard Britton TT On-Board.

Back
Top Bottom