Odd find on IMDB.com

IndieSol

"This one goes to eleven." -Nigel Tufnel
Never heard of the band, but I went over to IMDB.com to settle a bet with the wife and saw this....

Of course I clicked on it. The song isn't terrible, and the video is amusing and fairly random.

[flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVleRzR1qE[/flash]

Edit: Sorry about the embedded video. I tried.

Band of Horses was better known for their last album. The newest release is a bit odd. I like it, but then I like odd stuff.

The whole "hipster cafe" and "hipster biker" is a hell of a lot better than all those wanna be hells angels that ride around on Harley's they've dumped their entire mortgage into.

I know a lot of "hipsters" who ride the hell out of their bikes and fix them in their front yards too...and they aren't much for heavy metal. Boo hoo.

PHeller said:
The whole "hipster cafe" and "hipster biker" is a hell of a lot better than all those wanna be hells angels that ride around on Harley's they've dumped their entire mortgage into.

I agree with you there, that's for sure.

What makes a "hipster cafe"? The shoes on the rider? Whether the guy wears glasses or not or if he prefers the Postal Service over Motorhead? Is it a property of the bike itself, perhaps "bought not built"? Just seems to be to be a little "more cafe than thou" to me, which is especially lame since so many bikers look down on cafe's (unless they're European, in which case they're suddenly acceptable to many).

It's like a geek calling another geek a dork.

I was referring to hipster cafes in that I have noticed the increased hipness and popularity of cafe racers in general. Like many others have discussed in other threads. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I think I am pretty terrible at everything bike related.

It is unfortunate I can get shit just for saying the word 'hipster' on here. Apparently that makes me an elitist. Damn! I just said 'hipster cafe' its not like I joined .net or something Haha!

Hipster cafe to me means = Cafes in popular culture etc.

I think Band of Horses is a 'hip' band that's all. I even liked the music video. Give me a break man.

I don't know hipster from any other pop culture faction, era, classification. All I know is that video appeared entirely pointless. Give em any label you please, I just know what I like and what is, well... uhmmm... crap.

GroovyAardvark said:
I was referring to hipster cafes in that I have noticed the increased hipness and popularity of cafe racers in general. Like many others have discussed in other threads. I don't think I'm better than anyone. I think I am pretty terrible at everything bike related.

It is unfortunate I can get shit just for saying the word 'hipster' on here. Apparently that makes me an elitist. Damn! I just said 'hipster cafe' its not like I joined .net or something Haha!

Hipster cafe to me means = Cafes in popular culture etc.

I think Band of Horses is a 'hip' band that's all. I even liked the music video. Give me a break man.

It's tough to read a person's tone on here. Reading back over my post, I came across more terse than intended. After all, I can't be a hipster, because I really don't understand most of the shit deemed trendy these days. I'm kind of shocked that something I enjoy is gaining in popularity at all.

And Deacon....No kidding, right?

yea i think the agitation caused by the hipster word is how the hipster crowd always seems to move into an idea, place, scene. Choke it out, wear it to the ground and over zealotize it. Then leave it in the dust.

I think the cafe thing is biting off a little more than they can chew for the most part, but I know that in general thats what's really annoyed people I know. The whole tude and vibe they give off. over playing a certain card then forgetting it ever existed.

To each his own i guess, I will say they have some cool trends and a lot of the hipster chicks are mighty foxy. Played in a hipster band for a while, may as well have nick named me 'sore thumb' though

Back
Top Bottom