Suzuki Intruder (GN) 250cc from Brazil

Montag said:
I'll measure the loop and give you that info later. As you can see, it wasn't a single piece. I needed to bend 2 curves and weld them.

(...)

I can take a picture of the wiring, but it won't be very elucidative (it's messy!).
I used the original wiring diagram to simplify mine.

(...)

It was very easy. All I needed was a multimeter.

Thanks man, I know a dude with a bender, but that one has a minimum bending radius of 300mm, I'm assuming it needs to be smaller than that, but not sure. And thanks for the wiring diagram, I have a Haynes manual underway, but always good to have a spare. :)

Tijmen said:
Thanks man, I know a dude with a bender, but that one has a minimum bending radius of 300mm, I'm assuming it needs to be smaller than that, but not sure. And thanks for the wiring diagram, I have a Haynes manual underway, but always good to have a spare. :)

I have the factory service manual (pdf). It's in english. If you want it, I can send it to you.

Hey, guys!

There are still some parts to arrive. Brazilian postal service sucks a lot!!

Anyway, I'll head to a different setup. The clip ons look cool but I'll try a drag bar this time. I think it can look nice too. IMO it fits better for that kind of cafe/brat/scrambler bike I have. And my back won't kill me after 30min!

There are some minor oir leaks that I need to take care too.

I took some pics of how it sits now:

Q4XHrNe.jpg

I3zQTDR.jpg

0xbLb9Z.jpg

As soon as I finish the service (bars and engine) I'll take new photos to compare.

Thanks!

Changed the clip ons for a flat bar I made (7/8" tube).

It's a short one (60cm). Looks and feels good. Way more confortable!

Also installed the velocimeter and the headlight (using the old for the pics only).

N4fyEoR.jpg

NMl1e6a.jpg

V2xftsQ.jpg

ExzzHuJ.jpg

Hello, guys. Long time no see!

The motorcycle is now finished. Some pics for you:

gaJz44a.jpg

PUCLhxL.jpg

lEBY0lI.jpg

HYxkYju.jpg

I went back to the clip ons. Way more cool. Not sure about this speedometer, maybe I'll use a smaller one.

Btw, keep the questions coming, I love to help!

See you!

Looks awesome! And I agree, way cooler with the clip-ons! Would you mind telling me where you get the headlight from? Looks awesome!

Pwbanda said:
Looks awesome! And I agree, way cooler with the clip-ons! Would you mind telling me where you get the headlight from? Looks awesome!

I got it in my town. Just a regular, plastic headlight. Nothing fancy. If you search for "universal motorcycle headlight" on ebay you'll get some models just like mine.

Nice little bike. In my honesty stick with the gauge for your speed. To many people are going to mini guages and a single large guage setup looks so nice on old bikes.

firebane said:
Nice little bike. In my honesty stick with the gauge for your speed. To many people are going to mini guages and a single large guage setup looks so nice on old bikes.

Thanks! Yeah, I agree.
Maybe I'll make another support just to bring it closer to the tree. Right now it just looks too far out.

What speedo is that? Is it the original one? What have you done for your blinker light and neutral and highbeam light? Where did you get it?

Bike looks AWESOME

Back
Top Bottom