1969 CB175 Exhaust on a 1974 CB200

yonson88

Hello All,

I am working on a long project, and am now running stock headers and aftermarket mufflers on my 1974 CB200. It runs real nice but I am wanting to finish putting it back to its original look. I picked up a 1969 CB175 parts bike for very cheap with excellent exhaust, headers and mufflers are all original. The angle is right and seam to fit perfect. I was wondering if this swap would also need additional things changed also. My first thought was maybe it would need the Carburetors off of the CB175 I took the mufflers from? I am not to sure how much different the back pressure would be between these two but feel like it may be closer to stock then the aftermarket ones I am running now. Main concern being if the headers would effect the ride.

Thank you!!

For anyone reading. I did the switch and the bike rides very nicely got up to 68 mph at ease but did feel the bike saying it wasnt getting much faster.

I would expect the 175 system to be similar enough to stock CB200 for it not to be a problem but unlike Suzuki, Honda like to change every part they can, so anything is possible.

First give the bike a good service if it hasn't had one for a while and fit new plugs. Clean out the fuel filter and air filter and set tappets and ignition timing.

Then run the bike up to flat out on a safe piece of road where it's safe to get off the road. Do a plug chop and look at the plugs. Even better is to have a spare pair with you to ride home on and take the "chopped" plugs back to the shop to check them at your leisure.

That will tell you if it's a jetting issue.

If you have a tacho, check the revs when it's flat out. It may just be over geared.

yonson88 said:
For anyone reading. I did the switch and the bike rides very nicely got up to 68 mph at ease but did feel the bike saying it wasnt getting much faster.

You're doing 68mph on a CB175? Sounds to me like it's running pretty well. You're not going to get any faster unless you do some serious mods.

The motor is a 1974 CB200 just has 175 pipes on it. Here is an updated photo!

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    633.9 KB · Views: 362
Back
Top Bottom