78 CB400T Build

Ferrado

Hello everyone, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself and get some feedback on a few things. I recently picked up a 78 CB400 for $400 as not running. After fresh gas and a $0.35 o-ring for the brake reservoir I was up and running. It runs great, shifts well, all the electrical is working great and it even has current tags.

I am planning on doing a cafe style build with it. This is my second bike and I will be building it for my father to ride. I have a few questions that I hope I could get some feedback on. Yes, I have searched through the forums already but there are so many threads that I don't want to dig through every page of to answer a few questions. Hopefully I can save a few hours of time searching with a few quick answers. I will be doing a complete tear down and build up eventually but I really wanted a running bike to ride while I finish my other project.

I am planning on running pod filters and the MAC 2-1 exhaust. Hopefully someone that is running this setup can give me feedback on jets and anything else to get it running optimally.
My other question is in regards to rear sets. Has anyone found rear sets that can be used with minimal or no modification? I am comfortable modifying or even fabricating my own if I need to but would consider purchasing a set if it will just work.
Any other feedback or tricks with this bike is much appreciated.

I will keep this updated as my build thread with pictures and progress once I get started.

looking forward to see how this turns out im starting a cafe build on a 78 cb400t as well.
i paid 240 for mine with a clean title. it doesnt run yet so far i have replaced the stator and im thinking the cdi ignition box needs to be replaced. i believe if i can get a spark to the engine it will start.

Back
Top Bottom