CB350 first project, first bike

natebiehl

Apologies for the crappy photos, especially the one where I chopped off the front. I better than that, I assure you. :)

Just wanted to document where this bike stands now, in hopes of being really satisfied with progress later. Also, I'm hoping y'all will shame me into keeping this project going until SOMETHING comes out of it.

I think a cafe style makes the most sense for this rig and my skill level (not that a good Cafe build is a low skill operation. I'm just saying I'm by no means ready to weld up a hard tail bobber frame or some other radical mod, and I've seen some beautiful bikes built on CB350 frames without a lot of modification.)

Also included, a pic of my boy with one of the 3 helmets the PO insisted I had to take with this bike.

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_3495.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3496.jpg
    IMG_3496.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 172
CB350 update, suspension inquiry.

Got a headlight. Found a guy in my area with a shed full of old Japanese bike parts. Sold me a bucket and a lamp for $50. Plastic bucket, wrong color, don't care for now. Now I can ride it and learn it (and how to ride better, I have very little experience on a street bike.)

I can tell right away that I'm going to want to do some work on the front end suspension. It feels to me like it bounces all over the place, and keeps bouncing for a while after a bump or turn. Feels difficult to control. Anyone else have that issue before? Is it just something I need to get used to, or can it be remedied?

Back
Top Bottom