raask vs. tarozzi rearsets?

duncan

Been Around the Block
i'm thinking of getting some rearsets for my kz550. they're available from both raask and tarozzi. does anyone have any comments/experience about which is better? thx!

the tarozzi are available from this site in australia:

http://www.motorcycle-parts.com.au/Rearsets&Spares.htm

does anyone have any experience ordering items from them?

I have a set of as-yet unused Tarozzi rearsets (levers only for the moment) and think they look great and seem to be very high quality. RAASK might be easier/cheaper to get for your bike, and are much more 'common' looking.

I think at the end of the day both will work just fine. The Tarozzi seem to have some adjustability built into the levers, but I'm not sure how this works yet. Mine are the black ones with black rubber folding pegs. I plan on using them on my XS650 project, but also have a set of RAASK levers just in case I decide they look better.

One other note - the Tarozzi have a round peg, while the RAASK have more of a 'platform' peg. Tarozzi might be more comfortable depending on how your foot is positioned on the peg.

I've got a set of tarozzi rearsets on my CB550 race bike. They look great but the cast is very brittle and crashes poorly. Not a big deal for the street (hopefully). I think for a street bike they would be great but for racing, I wish I had built my own!

I"ll be putting Rearsets and rear brake master cylinder from a GIXXER 600 on my cb750f very soon.
I've also just put on a front master cylinder and lever also from a late model Gixxer.

Hey Tim,

Do you want to sell those Raask levers to me if you dont end up using them?

Cheers
N

I've ordered a set of Raask's to my Cb 900. I think it will be very pimp!

And of course they are made in the land of the vikings! My home-country Sweeeden... ;D

I've also bought a set of Öhlins rear-shocks to my bike, very nice!

By the way, can I upload pics here or do I have to link to a site on the net???

Micke said:
I've ordered a set of Raask's to my Cb 900. I think it will be very pimp!
And of course they are made in the land of the vikings! My home-country Sweeeden... ;D
I've also bought a set of Öhlins rear-shocks to my bike, very nice!
By the way, can I upload pics here or do I have to link to a site on the net???

Welcome to the site!!..
To load up pics, check out this thread:

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=3177.msg25217#msg25217

Cheers

RAASK - buddy bot a set and put them on his CB750K. Then broke the brake lever with the very first kick of the starter. That design was wanting I think....

duncan said:
the tarozzi are available from this site in australia:

http://www.motorcycle-parts.com.au/Rearsets&Spares.htm

does anyone have any experience ordering items from them?

FYI- Here's a US supplier. May be cheaper for you, but I didn't check the currency conversion. I bought my Tarozzi universals from them, no problems.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com

He also runs an Ebay shop under the username jimhinshaw . Some of the stuff is a few bucks cheaper on his ebay site.

slacktide said:
FYI- Here's a US supplier. May be cheaper for you, but I didn't check the currency conversion. I bought my Tarozzi universals from them, no problems.

http://www.fastfromthepast.com

He also runs an Ebay shop under the username jimhinshaw . Some of the stuff is a few bucks cheaper on his ebay site.

Any idea who might be the US supplier for Raaks rearset parts??..
Its not Omar's...Ed over at Omar's get his parts from a supplier in the US...

i was looking at those tarozzi's for my 73 CB500, but something weirds me out...

i believe my bike is a K2? model and the site says the K2 is a 1975.

there was no 500 four in the US in 75, it was a 500 twin or a 550.

what gives? is it made for a euro model? will it fit my bike?

i am running out of time to get this things running by Derby.

anyone have any clues or ideas?

I just saw a 550 with Tarozzis at a local shop. Looked like a clean installation. Has a mounting bracket shaped like a bommerang.

The brackets might have been RAASK. Their 550 brackets were that shape.

FH11.JPG

i went with tarozzi because the guy at the raask place wouldnt send me a pic of what the sets looked like.

every description was "except for this" or "instead of that" etc.

that pic ic from the site and those arent the levers it comes with if you order it.

i like concise. concise is good.

fastfromthepast.com

the guy answered the phone on a sunday morning and chatted for a half an hour with all my silly questions.

very helpful and personable, that goes a LONG way in parting me from my hard earned scratch!

DrJ said:
I just saw a 550 with Tarozzis at a local shop. Looked like a clean installation. Has a mounting bracket shaped like a bommerang.

Are you talking about the cb550 with the cb750f tank getting my bigbore kit put in at CycleWERX?
yeah, thats RudeBoy's bike. I installed those Raask myself. It wasnt a smooth install.

FIrst of all the brake actuactor didnt fit on the brake shaft and broke in half. ( there were air bubbles in the casting)
Second, the "kit" was missing the brake arm rod that went from the pedal to the brake actuator.
So basically I had to improvise and use the stock brake arm & reroute the lever directly to the rear hub.
Third of all, the bottom hole on the shifter bracket was too small, I had to drill it out to fit the existing mounting screw.

To Ed's credit, he is sending another brake actuator and the missing brake rod & ends. But its too late. I did it the old fashioned way.

I wouldnt get Raasks again...

Back
Top Bottom