master cylinder help

-Max-

Hey guys
So I rebuilt the master cylinder on my cb550 went to put bleed the system and noticed the brake fluid was not moving through the master cylinder. My re build was done correct and the re install was done in the correct order. Brake lines are new, the whole system is new.
When I bought brake fluid the sales man at the cycle shop sold my DOT4 fluid , do you think this could have anything to do with it.

Thanks for any help
-Max

brake fluid does not have anything to do with it.
are you using a hand held vacuum bleeding pump??? or are you trying to pump the lever and then release????

pump and release method sucks, unless you have a speed bleeder.

I got this one in Stainless Steel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Speed-Bleeder-SB7100S-M7-x-1-0-/270962946027?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f16a66feb#ht_1123wt_1180

this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Speed-Bleeder-SB7100S-SS-M7-x-1-0-/390410692431?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5ae64a674f#ht_1119wt_1180

You need a brake bleeding pump or a pneumatic bleeder.
Harbor freight has the had held pump for aroun 20$ go get one unless you wanna spend the rest of the month bleeding your brakes 24/7

Regardless of what method he's using, he should still see some progress. Have you tried removing the brake line from the MC to see if any at all is coming out? Make sure the bleed valve on the caliper is open until you start to get some flow.

I've only ever used the manual squeeze method and never had any issues at all.

I just got my front brake system put back together last weekend and was haveing the same issue. I read a few thing on the net about pumping the brakes a lot. So I got my favorite cold bevrage out of the frig and stated pumping brake handle after i finished my drink I opened the bleeder and fluid was coming out. Then started the normal brake bleeding. Brakes are working great. Hope this helps

Thanks for the info fellas.
The bleeder was open while I was pumping, and I did take the line off the MC to see of any fluid was coming out and none was.

Hey guys,
So off of your guys advice I went and bought a vacuum bleeder at harbor freight this morning. Bleed my brakes, found a small air leek and after fixing that along with another bleed and some pumping........Bam....I got brakes!!! Thanks again for all the help guys, once again this forum and its members pull through.

-Max

Back
Top Bottom