"Beat The Clock" More damn photos

Re: "Beat The Clock"

I feel used ;)

but if it helps a fellow brother get around the "trouble and strife" then I'm all for it.

This thing is beyond cool and now we are going to have to call the site DTT cafe racers and bad ass bobbers ;D

nice plate! twiiinnnss
xtonupx-1.jpg

the perfect "feel good" story to wrap up this build :)

glad we could help troy! You def deserve it, your build has been a big motivation/inspiration for me and Im sure many many others on these boards.

Outstanding work troy. Really inspiring.

Looks like you've got a beautiful farm too.

How about a tutorial on the lace treatment (or did I miss it in the build thread. The posts came so fast it was hard to keep up :) ) Like someone else said, I think its got more of an old west feel than a feminine feel to it.

CC

Hey guys thanks for the props! Makes me feel all warm inside...oops that's my feminine side, sorry. LOL.

Condenser not shipped out yet as far as I can tell. It's still in Cal.

Yep, Cool plate there xcaptainx!

CC, I'll do a little write up on the lace on my build thread when things slow down a bit.
I hope that will be soon. Right now I've got my last field of hay on the ground. I'll bale it up tomorrow. Then hay will be done for the season! Also, we are cutting/splitting our fire wood for the winter. I'm also re-doing the hot water storage for the house complete with homemade solar collectors. Things are a little crazy. Hence: "Beat The Clock."

since I made you sit through all that I give up another photo.

l_85e9bcd0d06c4c5faf11e973d0a840401.jpg

Judging from that picture, Im pretty sure I could beat you in an arm wrestle...haha NOT! Suits you.

Hey thanks fo the homage guys! Much appreciated!!

Curbcast I hesitated about posting that photo. Doesn't do the bike justice and it sure doesn't show my 6 pack, LOL. Anyhow, I got it honest. 5'9" and 210. When I get the chance I love to ride mtn bikes or road bikes but most of the stuff i do on the farm is labor intensive. It keeps me pretty fit. Then during the winter I hit the gym pretty hard. I have slowed quite a bit over the years though as I'm no spring chicken.

And yes I think the bike could use whitewalls. I plan on vintage tires of some sort but it will come down to cost.

Three words.

TOTALLY FUCKING PERFECT

Seriously, I love all of it, the lace, the mirror, the stretch, all of it. I'd say definitely no white walls, but a set of ribbed Firestone's is definitely in order. Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks Homie. Much appreciated! As you know a good bit of credit has to go to a bunch of the guys on here. I laid down the foundation but it was the opinions and ideas from the DTT kindred that took the bike to the next level, IMO. Couldn't have done it without my DTT bros.

THIS BIKE SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't wipe my ass with it!!!!

( JK - didn't wanna inflate your ego to much with a 100% approval thread.... ;D But your bike is really very nicely done. Top notch. okay, you're still 100% ;) )

Very cool. Got a chuckle. Thanks bro! Glad I'm still at 100%. hahaha
Troy

Man, I am a dumbass...I've been looking at the thread all week and just noticed the "show and shine" section. What a goob I am.

Your bike is not though. Seriously, that thing is the sickness. You have the attention of the DTT world brotha'! Good job man, really good job! I'm proud of that thing for you! it inspires me to work harder faster longer, and that's all that I could ever ask. .....just realized how dirty that sounded...oh well, not changing it!!!

Re: "Beat The Clock" update w/ video

Hey guys the comments are much apprecited!
I got my meter last night and I quickly found my problem. The points were showing continuity to ground on both sides of th points. It was driving me insane! One of the terminals was grounding itself to the points plate. The bolt that holds the wire was slightly stripped so that it wouldn't tighten 100% down. That in it self allowed the bike to mis once in a while, but it also allowed the terminal to spin up against the points plate. Seems everthing else is ok. So I've got a new condenser on the way that will just go on the shelf.
I found another photo and I shot a little video footage. FYI I didn't edit the footage so I don't return by the end of the footage.
I hope to get some riding in soon so I should have better footage.
Thanks again for all the positive comments fellas. It does make a difference!

102_2324.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NET78zs06MY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z7-Qj5J-xI

Back
Top Bottom