'78 CB550 done until further notice.

DBC

Been Around the Block
well, it's high time I put this one in the done category ;D
It's been a wild ride and quite the learning experience building this bike. I'm proud to say that the only thing I farmed out was truing the wheels (only because I don't have a truing stand). Here's some photo's I already have, but I am hoping to take some more high quality ones soon.

PICT4247.jpg

PICT4283.jpg

this is a good shot of the color
PICT4246.jpg

before I put on the front fender and gauges
PICT4189.jpg

Went for a ride tonight and the weather was good, so I took a few more shots!
PICT4325.jpg

PICT4326.jpg

PICT4329.jpg

PICT4330.jpg

PICT4328.jpg

PICT4333.jpg

PICT4335.jpg

PICT4341.jpg

PICT4339.jpg

PICT4338.jpg

PICT4336.jpg

awesome work! how do you like the guage? that is the same one from trail tech i am going with on the wing i am building... i wnat to use it on the fighter as well... what are your impressions of it? is that housing one that they sell? looks awesome the paint is unreal!

Thanks, I really like the Vapor. It was a breeze to wire in and the speedo is accurate as hell. Make sure that it's mounted in a way that it face you directly while your riding though because the screen is hard to read at an angle. That being said, the screen does have a very nice white back light which makes it super easy to see at night. I made a custom mount for mine, but for what they charge for one of theirs, buying one is not a bad option. The tach is the only thing I have some difficulty with. Its really hard for me to get an accurate reading for some reason. It jumps all over the place. I think I just need to play with the wire a little though. The features are awesome on it. I love the fact that it has a temp gauge! Overall, I really like it and would definitely buy another one.

DBC, you do some amazing work! Congrats!

And next time you true some wheels, let me know. I can help with that.

finally added some new pictures! I put them in the first post so they would all be in one place.

Which gauge fitment did you end up going with? I went to the website for the digital gauges, but they are only for ATV's and dirtbikes. Did you have to custom fit it to your bike or do they make them for regular motorcycles as well?

my-79-750-k said:
Which gauge fitment did you end up going with? I went to the website for the digital gauges, but they are only for ATV's and dirtbikes. Did you have to custom fit it to your bike or do they make them for regular motorcycles as well?

I used the one for non-inverted shocks and air-cooled engine. they are designed for dirt bikes and ATV's, but there is no reason they won't work for motorcycles as well. Mine works great and has more functions than anything else out there in one package. I have had no issues as far as it working on a street bike. hope this helps, good luck!

Rocan said:
what shocks are those?

love this bike!

found them as an OE replacement on ebay. the price was right @ $79.00 ;)

Another quick ? What gauge is above the digital display, just above the switches? I couldn't tell from the pics...

man that sucks...but judging by your talent you'll have another one built soon!

Did you make that tank or did it come from somewhere? thanks, -Drew

Back
Top Bottom