"Never been ridden" '75 RD250(B)

I have the same exact make/model in my stable, except I have 1,200 miles on mine.
For a title, check with:
Joe
int4joe1@msn.com
International Title Service
3230 E. Flamingo Road, Suite 8-357
Las Vegas, NV 89121
1-800-543-8626/702-456-4027 PHONE
702-456-4040 FAX

I have zero affiliation with ITS, but I do know that many bikers have used them successfully. the cost is $250-$300.
Snapper

Ugh. Finally got out of work the other day early enough to find a place that sold a battery locally. The bike starts & idles well, but has carb issues cause giving it gas instantly kills the engine. Would've been too good if it just "woke up" from this 30 year nap & just worked, haha.

i'm gonna guess that some of the rubber is pretty close to dry rotten after all this time and no use.

also, when do you find out the title issue? i'm really interested to hear how things go for you.

dean owens said:
i'm gonna guess that some of the rubber is pretty close to dry rotten after all this time and no use.

also, when do you find out the title issue? i'm really interested to hear how things go for you.

Yea. The peacock pissed gas out of the front face on the lever when I put a gallon in it. Got new rubber for that too cause, yea, a lot of it has shriveled, shrank and began cracking.

I'll keep everyone posted about the title. Diesel wasn't able to get around to making it legal in Maine yet (is doing that Midwest this week) so the process is in the works...

Will also have to take a look into why the engine cut out when given throttle... I will likely delve into it next week when the weather in Philly finally drops below 100 deg (F) and 90% humidity...I'll also have to find a way to get it back in the house... Wish I had more convenient workspace... Hell... I wish I had air-conditioning. Totally jealous of anyone with an air conditioned garage...

Back
Top Bottom