'72 CB350 - too early to name ...

SMKennedy94

I've been lurking around for a while, but since my bike is up and running, and im starting to mod it, i'll post up some pictures.

Picked it up in late May for $555 from a news anchor based out of Hartford. No title, no key, and kept in a storage shed for two years. Supposedly the PO before her 'restored' the bike.

First things first - broke the seat lock so that I could access under the seat. And what do we have here? The title folded up nicely in the underseat pocket. Jackpot! Hot wired the bike the day i got it home and kicked it over (dead battery) - she fires right up and sounds awesome. Ordered the new ignition, air pods, ballistic EV02 battery, new rectifier and regulator combo (thanks to the forums here for all their knowledge), new clubman bars, older vintage bar end mirrors, LED headlight, and some LED instrument lights.

The bike is far from done, and i have plenty more in store for this old gem. All of the original parts are being kept in case i ever feel like going back to the original look.

I havent found many people in the area i live (Hudson Valley) that ride cafe styled bikes. If you live around the HV area, and want to ride - PM me. I'm always riding, and always up for meeting new people.

Too long, didnt read - on to the reason why you clicked the link ... pictures!

How i got her from the PO - fancy red shocks ::)
7535972128_99e30cf4ab.jpg

Using the knobby tire on the power lines
7535970986_8c987d2323.jpg

Fixed those fancy red shocks, and found some great chrome underneath!
7535970354_af04b265e0.jpg

LED Headlight and bar end mirrors - which may get replaced with bar end horn style
7535969920_b2beaaa08c.jpg

Bought a polisher and got to work
7535969676_51b40a0987.jpg

1 month and 500 miles later ...
7535969594_c02dd5e1b1.jpg

7535969502_bb4ede0009.jpg

7535969446_fd13d4132a.jpg

7535972236_c69e32dfe3.jpg

I love my Kawasaki Ninja, but I have to say - this thing gets waaaaay more looks than any crotch rocket i've ever been on. With all the character these bikes have, I can see why they're so popular.

Sharp looking bike man. Way to keep the old girl on the road. Hate seeing them end up in the scrap heap.

Thanks Von - I think the best part of picking up this bike was watching my old man (who's fairly against me owning bikes @ 30 years old) walk around it with a grimmace on his face. You could see wheels turning and moments of flashbacks coming out ...

The title under the seat was a big bonus - being a 1973 and before in NY, its really only a "registration". But having the original paperwork instead of a copy was nice.

YogiBear said:
It's cool that you found one with the stock scrambler pipes

The guy who restored it put them on there - definitely looking to pick up a set of stock pipes though.
These are cool, but definitely not my style, and not the look im going for on the bike.

I'm fairly new to the 350's - what do these sound like with just running headers? Obnoxiously loud?

Out of curiosity, how is that Ballistic battery working out for you?

I'm starting a tear down on a CB160 and was thinking of dropping a Ballistic in there...

Thanks

cafepenguin said:
Out of curiosity, how is that Ballistic battery working out for you?

I'm starting a tear down on a CB160 and was thinking of dropping a Ballistic in there...

Thanks

Sorry i didnt get this sooner - the ballistic battery is actually working better than i thought. Although with having an LED headlight, LED cluster lights, and no signals, there isnt much of a draw on it. I've been running the bike with the battery for about 600-700 miles.

Worked well enough that it convinced my buddy with a KZ1000 to buy the next size up and use it on his. No complaints after 500 miles of use on his end either.

Hey Kennedy

Thanks for the reply. I have not gotten around to buying the battery yet, but I will be looking into that probably within the next month or so, so it's good to hear that it's working out pretty well...

axe is right - the PO put a CL exhaust on the bike along with a knobby rear tire. From the looks of it, they never took it off road (rear tire had sprues still on it). Not a fan of the tire and exhaust combo. But as of right now I have a newborn on the way and a house that needs more attention than the bike :p

PHeller - i keep seeing the pictures i originally took of the bike and still like the stock look. I'm debating on picking up another 350/360 in the future, and just restoring it to its original glory. As for this one, it'll be heading down the 'cafe' styled direction.

legendary_rider said:
I'd be interested in getting those side exhausts from you if you decide not to go with them.

I'll have to find a good set of CB pipes before parting with these ... I enjoy riding the bike too much :-D

Back
Top Bottom