'31 roadster getting closer

stik70

Coast to Coast
My dad (70) is getting really close to finishing his traditional hotrod. He's like a kid with all of his enthusiasm. Needs to go through the title process and he's got a start on that. There will be a white chopped convertable top and nose art painted on the cowl when complete
dadsshop002-1.jpg
dadsshop004.jpg
dadsshop003-1.jpg

Stunning machine. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and if your Dad has an extra set of those headlights (Auburns?) floating around that he wants to part with, let me know...

Ya Stik, tell him that's a sweet machine for me. Great pics of his shop in your other post as well.

I can't make it out in the 2nd pic (on my phone), but the shifter (?) looks like a chocolate Easter bunny. What is that?

Big Rich said:
Ya Stik, tell him that's a sweet machine for me. Great pics of his shop in your other post as well.

I can't make it out in the 2nd pic (on my phone), but the shifter (?) looks like a chocolate Easter bunny. What is that?
Its a brass squirrel that was for an outside faucet!

VonYinzer said:
Stunning machine. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and if your Dad has an extra set of those headlights (Auburns?) floating around that he wants to part with, let me know...
Thanks, I'll let him know. The headlights are reproductions of the aftermarket company "Edmund & Jones". The were used on different luxury cars back in the day including the Jordan Playboy. Dad got them off of Ebay from a guy out of San Fransisco, he thought. They come kind of rough and take quite a bit of time to clean them up. The lights are sealed beams from a snowmobil.

Dad finished up his roadster, just done to deciding on a chopped convertable top. He stopped by and took me for a spin. He may be 71, but he put 'er to the wood!!
roadstermaidenvoyage001.jpg

roadstermaidenvoyage002.jpg

roadstermaidenvoyage007.jpg

Lots of cool old rodder parts there. Edelbrock fuel block, beehive oil filter, and that saw-eeeet intake! never saw a staggered stromberg set-up like that, very nice Highboy! I've wanted one for decades, but they are THE most expensive to build. Lucky Dad...

I see where you got the customizing bug, sir.

Tell your pops he did a fantastic job. That is a beautiful machine.

Looks awesome and really close to being finished. I'm excited to see the finished product. Your dads doing an awesome job.

Back
Top Bottom