'63 Riviera

HuckFarley

I wanted to be a car guy and bought this Riv cause it was different than all the muscle cars out there. After a couple years of car shows and listening to the old farts complain that a hamburger is $5 and how much it costs to get in I've become bored with it. These carfarts think it's still 1957 or something. Anyway it is a cool car not many on the road, but it takes up valuable motorcycle space. Luckily I found cheap storage for the winter months and have room to work on bike projects. It stays in my garage with a cover but soon becomes a 208 inch long motorcycle jacket rack. I has a 401 c.i. Nailhead engine, 4 bbl Carter, 325 horsepower. It's for sale, but I haven't worked to hard too advertise it. California car till 2005, I bought it from a family that won it in a Coca Cola/ Acme supermarkets contest.

HuckFarley said:
I wanted to be a car guy and bought this Riv cause it was different than all the muscle cars out there. After a couple years of car shows and listening to the old farts complain that a hamburger is $5 and how much it costs to get in I've become bored with it. These carfarts think it's still 1957 or something. Anyway it is a cool car not many on the road, but it takes up valuable motorcycle space. Luckily I found cheap storage for the winter months and have room to work on bike projects. It stays in my garage with a cover but soon becomes a 208 inch long motorcycle jacket rack. I has a 401 c.i. Nailhead engine, 4 bbl Carter, 325 horsepower. It's for sale, but I haven't worked to hard too advertise it. California car till 2005, I bought it from a family that won it in a Coca Cola/ Acme supermarkets contest.

I dig that... I'd keep it, if it were me.

awesome car man! my mom had the same thing but forest green! does yours have the swivel seats?

HuckFarley said:
These carfarts think it's still 1957 or something.

That's pissing me off too, whenever the cruiser club has there show in town they play nothing but 50's and 60's music! 80% of the cars that show up are post 1970, where is the rock and metal? It really blows when I have to hang around all day and listen because I entered my bike. Makes me feel a little better when I get more attention than the Harleys :) with an Old CB.

BTW, I dig the land yacht. You could easily put your bike in the trunk if you pulled the forks and back tire off!

I love rivis:
0705rc_03_z+mooneyes_xmas_party+.jpg

I too am a '63-'65 Riv addict...about to head out the door for Hot August Nights and hope to see a few. One day I'll own one and air bag it...

buick-riviera-1.jpg

HuckFarley said:
Wow thats a sweet ride. The make great cruisers shaved n bagged. Plus nailheads sound great with some flowmasters on them. Too bad your selling they are pretty cool customized.

Thanks for the positive comments. Customizing it is out of the question for me, I want out of the car hobby. I went to two car shows last week and got a lot of compliments, from spectators to people at the gas station. After all my bitchin' about taking care of this car, the kind words from admirers are sort of a nice payback. We raised $5000 in cash for a really sick kid at my M/C's annual car show last Sat., so if I only go to a few charity events a year It's worth it till I find the right caretaker for the Riv.

Back
Top Bottom