SR250 Cafe build

Looks great so far! What do you plan to do with your battery? Doing the same build but having trouble picking out a brake light and where to mount battery..

Thanks!

Soon once the monsoons start the motor top end gets a refresh and paint. Also the frame will get a coat of paint.

4sZCfqv.jpg

This bike is looking great so far...and there sits the coolest cat in town.

Decided to up the speedo speed and and look, going with just a single light for neutral.

Might need the extra space on the speedo if I find an xs400 motor for it one day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    918.3 KB · Views: 419
How awesome are the 12 gauge igniters for shock to caps! And that speedo has potential.

By the way cosworth what ignition coil are you using? I need one and I'm not sure what to get

Honestly the photos dont do the bike justice. Its a great looking and running bike. Cosworth has "inspired" me to do more work on mine. Funny thing tho I have seen the bike a ton in person still havent ridden it lol

Very sharp bike. The instruments and headlight, with the black, chrome and gold look really classy.

I put an eBay "followed search" in for the Virago gauge that you used. It might be good to have a set of these gauges in my spares if they can be had for the right price.

I took my SR250 to Vintage Days in Ohio last summer and the bike got a lot of attention. Several people wanted the "recipe". Maybe in a few years, there will be enough SR250 cafes at vintage shows to warrant a dedicated show tent and judging class. :) :)

Came to check this out after you advised me on how to change a tank angle, and wow is this bike pretty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gold-3D-Soft-Gel-Fuel-Gas-Tank-Emblem-Badge-Fairing-Decal-Sticker-For-Yamaha-/261838542997?hash=item3cf6cb1895&vxp=mtr

Back
Top Bottom