Cb200 "Hephaestus"

Maxd22

Dumb kids
Bddddddump drumroll.... What will happen when a 16 year old takes over his dads garage and buys a bike. The son struggles as the father lets him make his own mistakes.

My names max and this is my build, named after the god of metalwork and craft, hopefully everything doesn't end up horribly ironic.

I bought the bike from a man in magna and he decided that the little cb was only worth 300, so I snagged it and now I'm stuck with my first project. You will join me a little down the road, with new old clubmans and a custom seat me and my pa fabbed up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 318
Nice pickup and good to see some other young 'uns doing some wrenching!

So what's the story with the bike? Running, not running? I can almost guarantee that someone's going to tell you to remove those pod filters so be warned ;)

ManxieRacer said:
Nice pickup and good to see some other young 'uns doing some wrenching!

So what's the story with the bike? Running, not running? I can almost guarantee that someone's going to tell you to remove those pod filters so be warned ;)

Haha they're not that bad! But the bike as of right now isn't running, and the engine is apart on my workbench, as I try to pry my seized wrist pin, any idea how I could get it out without a puller? But I'm just having fun with it, I'll post a picture of where it sits. In the space that used to be my dads woodworking shop.

Dragonfish said:
Nice start! Following along. Also, you just made my signature :D

Thanks, haha its a good line, I'll be posting a picture of what I intend on doing with the bike in a few

Hopefully somewhat like the bike will turn out, it might be radical, seeing as its my first build, so I might attempt a monoshock instead

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 286
> seeing as its my first build, so I might attempt a monoshock instead

This would be a great way to move towards the irony you were talking about.

Get the wrist pin out yet?

Rich Ard said:
> seeing as its my first build, so I might attempt a monoshock instead

This would be a great way to move towards the irony you were talking about.

Get the wrist pin out yet?

I figure if I keep it classy I can pull it off.
No I'm in art class, just itching to go home and work

Maxd22 said:
Haha they're not that bad! But the bike as of right now isn't running, and the engine is apart on my workbench, as I try to pry my seized wrist pin, any idea how I could get it out without a puller? But I'm just having fun with it, I'll post a picture of where it sits. In the space that used to be my dads woodworking shop.
What did you base the decision of "Haha they're not that bad!" on? They are cosmetically not bad? The bike wasn't running so you really have no idea how crappy they ran (and will continue to).

Dragonfish, that's not a scarf, it's a bonnet. ;D

o1marc said:
What did you base the decision of "Haha they're not that bad!" on? They are cosmetically not bad? The bike wasn't running so you really have no idea how crappy they ran (and will continue to).

Good point what do you recommend?

Actually there is a great informative post on this forum somewhere on exactly why crappy pod filters suck so much. I could paraphrase but I'm sure I'll get something wrong so go check it out.

There aren't a lot of choices for air filters on the small Hondas.

While there is some distaste for the inexpensive Emgo filters and CV carbs-- In your case, with a slide type carburetor it will probably be ok once you adjust the carbs to add more fuel.

Oh, and I like the bonnet. Leave as is.

Actually I'm really sure that's not accurate. I'll try to find the post I'm talking about so you can read it yourself but cheap pods actually block air inlet openings on the carb. The reason people recommend Uni or quality pods is that they leave these inlets open.

Back
Top Bottom