'40 Sport Scout bob job

Hi guys, long time no update. Dad had me grab a seat out of his archives and the tanks to his '36 Indian junior scout. He then wasn't sure he wanted to give up the tanks, but since said go for it. They are slimmer and not as tall and look the part. My friend Dean is coming down in the middle of October with a '39 primary cover and chief 74" flywheels for the stroker project. I got what I believe is an original Sparto tail light over the weekend and am stoked. I made the front floor board cross shaft this weekend as well. Harvest is getting ready to start so not much progress will ensue in the next two months.
Kev
davparts008.jpg

davparts011.jpg

Love it. What capacity is that engine Kev?
Is it hand gear change?
Hope you get the harvest in ok :)

Erskine,
Its a hand shift 45cu in. machine. I am putting larger flywheels in it to stroke it to 57cu in. Heres' the '39 sport scout primary cover i bought from my friend. Not much progress but still rounding up parts.
KeV
39primaryHDfenders014.jpg

Awesome project. This is going to be a sick bike. Those new tanks definitely flow with the bike better IMHO. I like that seat to. Good Luck!

I have been able to find a couple Sparto tail lights. Happy about that. The spokes came in from Starklite, I'm sure Gary gets them through Buchanan's as they look like their product, high quality.
Kev
Spartotaillight001.jpg

Spartotaillight002.jpg

Spartotaillight007.jpg

I painted the hubs and rims yesterday, Tacoma Cream. Its an earlier factory indian color also used on Fords in the 30's for wheels. Going to let them cure a bit before I lace them. The fork legs, frame, and brake plates will be black.
Kev
tacomacreamrims003.jpg

I laced up the rims. After trying everything in the book, I discovered I had '41 to '42 hubs and they are different then the '40s. So I'm searching for the the right ones now. I do think when I get the right hubs, I will paint the rims and hubs black. Not for certain yet. The cream looks great with the blue, but I am painting the tanks and fender a yellow and orangish red. I'll know more when I get a little closer. Dad had this Pabst knob in his shop. Said he was thinking of this project when he bought it. Have the cylinders at the welder getting some cast fins fixed.
Kev
masonandthewheels005.jpg

pabst003.jpg

Not much to update. My wife got me a seat yoke for Christmas, so I mocked it up to see what it might look like.
Kev
christmas2011Indianparts070.jpg

christmas2011Indianparts069.jpg

Back
Top Bottom