I'm DWYJ from the Bay Area, Northern California

DWYJ

Whassupp My Northern Holmeses? I'm DWYJ!
I've aquired a 1972 CB500 Four for one dollar-honest to god!
it came with a slew of parts:motors(3) body work(2 sets) and 2 seats.
the previous owner parked it when it broke an oil ring in #2 cylinder, he got a non-op
for it in 1985(it's current!!) and had the pink slip and registration slip.
the motor in it has wiseco 10.5 to 1 forged pistons, megacycle grizzly cam..Kerker, Koni shocks, tommaselli headlight ears, lucas tail light
AND Borrani rims..that is why i wanted it...it needs tires & paint also..yeah, my work is cut out for me but, when it's finished, i'll be a happy
man..so will the wife..heh heh..WHATEVER. when i originally e-mailed the guy, i thought it was one of those "what is the real price??"
but he said one dollar and he lives 3 miles from my Dads house in silicon valley..less than an hour and i had my new project!
Thanks for listening
DWYJ
[
Captured2006-7-2100002.jpg
][/img]
[
DSCN0525.jpg
][/img]

That's a great place to start with a resto project, congrats! Hey, by the way I'll double your money on the bike. Not many people can say they were offered twice what they paid for an unrestored bike....

GREAT To have you on board man!!..

Cheers.. This Bud's for you!! ;D

Noel

Thanks everyone
it's a keeper..i was offered $1000.00 when it was still on the truck-passed on that too..should have seen all the parts, 3 motors
2 tanks, sidecovers..you get the point..i feel it was my time, this will be my 3rd Cafe build..i previously did a 1976 CB400 Four(Red) Cafe, which i'm modeling this one after, a 1977 KZ650 that i did Cafe and i gave away a 350 Four to a good buddy-it ran!!
paid it forward so to speak
Later, DWYJ

Welcome. Looks like a good starting point, with lots of extras too. $1!

Do you still have your KZ650?

No i don't have the KZ anymore, i sold it to my Brother for cheap right when i got my 400 Four..after one month
of riding the 400 Four i had my Friend Mike Hunter rebuild the motor, he was a motor guru and was ranked #67 Nationally in 1000cc superbike racing, circa 1987..THAT motor in that lil red 400 got me up to 120 miles an hour, it would pull the front end in 3rd up 12 inches off the ground..me and my brother would drag race each other, him KZ650 and me 400...i'd always pull him by 1/2 a bike length..piss him off royally..smaller bike running past him...what fun, i still use that one against my bro when he visits
Later,
DWYJ
p.s. when i got more time i'll tell you about the 400 some more

Back
Top Bottom