Kuyarico

Kuyarico

Coast to Coast
Hello from Tropical Cleveland OH,

What does Kuyarico mean? 'Kuya' means 'Big Brother' in Filipino (tagalog) and Rico was a nickname from my brother. My friends just started calling me Kuyarico one day. Anyways, I've been riding for one season. That's right, just one. Last spring I started looking for a vintage Honda. I found some sites and researched the bikes like crazy. I have always been into cars, VW's and Audi's to be exact. I've owned a couple of Rabbit GTI's, an 81 Audi 4000 Quattro, 5000 Turbo, 2003 GTI, and presently own an 06 Passat. I did some auto-X in the GTI which was great fun. I sometimes regret getting rid of that car, but I believe that I have found my new passion.

I picked up my 78 CB550K for $600 off of Craigslist. It only had 12000 miles and ran like a champ. I downloaded the Service Manual, and bought a Clymers for it, and tore into the bike. It didn't need much, mainly brakes and the regular tuneup stuff. I decided to go the Cafe route with the bike and it's starting to take shape. By the end of the summer, I knew that I had really been bitten by the Two-Wheeled bug. I found a CB750F Super Sport on ebay that I just had to have. It looked mint in the pictures, but I still felt a bit apprehensive buying a bike off of Ebay without looking at it. I bid on the bike and lost. The owner contacted me a few days later and told me that the winning bidder had turned out to be a deadbeat. He offered the bike to me at my bid price. He was local, so I went to look at it, and the rest was history.

Here are pics of my stuff: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=40.0

In the real world, I am a Software Quality Assurance Manager for a small tech company. I'm very much into Indie rock, and am currently working on a site where I will be reviewing new music. I'm looking for contributors if anyone here is interested. I'll keep you all posted on that.

Anyways, that's my story. I'm looking forward to having a beer with some of you one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom