Howdy from Cowtown

Crash

Crashing is a way of life
Hi,

I'm Robert from Fort Worth TX. Everybody calls me Crash 'cause, well, that's what I do. I tend to wreck everything and walk away unscaved.

Before anyone else says it, I know my bike is not a traditional Cafe Racer. It's more of an "inspired by design". It won't do a Ton, it's not the prettiest thing, it has some additional pieces to make it more functional in everyday life, but it's mine.

Mine is a 1993 Honda Nighthawk 250. Originaly I wanted a BMW R90S look, but then I lived up to my nickname and went more of the Flat black "Mad Max" style. It is still a work in progress, and I am constantly getting idesa from everywhere.

Newpaint009.jpg

newpaint008.jpg

newpaint006.jpg

newpaint005.jpg

newpaint004.jpg

Eventually I will redo the seat and tail bag to be one unit. I'll remove the stock rear section and french a tail light into the tail bag. I am also going to cut down the side panels to just after the battery cover and leave the rear frame exposed. Will lower it 2 inches all the way around, and fab up some rear sets for it.

Hope you like, and be truthful in your comments. If you don't like it, tell me what it is you don't like.

Crash

Hey Crash !!! ... welcome aboard. I like your bike ... Is there traditional cafe bike ??, I always thought is was open to ones own ideas and likes anyway. Make sure you post more pics as the projects advances ;D

XS650RR said:
Is there traditional cafe bike ??, I always thought is was open to ones own ideas and likes anyway.;D

Everybody else has called it a "Rat Brat", but my original intent was more the Cafe style. If there is a "traditional" cafe, it would at least have to do a Ton, which mine will not........ YET ;D

Welcome Crash.
Hope you don't live up to your name, anymore. I read your recovering from your last crash (sore shoulder).
Hope your ready to ride again soon.
Nice looking bike as well. 8)

Back
Top Bottom