Where Do Boardtrackers Go ?

beachcomber

TJ - Beachcomber
DTT SUPPORTER
yep ................... where should a Boardtracker build go ? ;)

Trackers? Specials ? ..... ?????

Yep - feeling great, gonna live forever - so another project needs to be added.

ALL the major lumps have been collected over the years - including my 1910 NOS "La Francaise Diamant" flat tank. Oh yes and the spare Weber 40DCOE fed KZ 750 twin lump.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!lwE+FKuBNkjBP5wK!s-0g~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!lwE+FKuBNkjBP5wK!s-0g~~60_58.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 394
  • $(KGrHqR,!q4E-ZWZrPuCBP5wJ4RrBw~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!q4E-ZWZrPuCBP5wJ4RrBw~~60_58.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 402
  • $(KGrHqVHJ!0E+Owq0!j9BP9pDfI-sw~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJ!0E+Owq0!j9BP9pDfI-sw~~60_12.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 403
  • Picture 068.jpg
    Picture 068.jpg
    664 KB · Views: 211
  • kz oil system 007.jpg
    kz oil system 007.jpg
    712.4 KB · Views: 215
Interesting. I've seen a few replica boardtrackers. Some really good. Some not so much. There is one that comes to Bonneville each year Cruises around the pits on it and it looks like the real deal. He uses a carefully disguised Honda engine. I'll have to go dig and see if I have a photo.

beachcomber said:
yep ................... where should a Boardtracker build go ? ;)

Trackers? Specials ? ..... ?????

Yep - feeling great, gonna live forever - so another project needs to be added.

ALL the major lumps have been collected over the years - including my 1910 NOS "La Diamant Francaise" flat tank. Oh yes and the spare Weber 40DCOE fed KZ 750 twin lump.
11494-200816163635.png

Naturally I wanted a Vee Twin [ hence the bid for the Virago ], but time is precious, and these parts I already have.

Originally I was inspired by the "Willow" - not a Boardtracker - but ..... well unique. As my old pappy said - "you can only be unique once".

Be great if you can find those pix Hoof ..... and thanx for not laughing out loud ! ;)

Of course the engine is too modern looking, but I'm hoping with sympathetic presentation / colourways etc., it won't be too far off the mark. See the attached Norton. 8)

However, where does such a build belong ?

Attachments

• img189.jpg
    img189.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 221
THis is going to be fun to watch as well. As far as where to put the thread there is a Trackers section or maybe the Specials. Either way sign me up.

Maritime said:
THis is going to be fun to watch as well. As far as where to put the thread there is a Trackers section or maybe the Specials. Either way sign me up.

yea - I opted for " Trackers ".......Street, Flat and now .... Board !!!

ALL the major bits in stock or on the way. - Thanx for your ongoing support MT.

Yup, we need one of these on here... and you are exactly the man to do it! Build on, TJ!

Sweet! What's the scoop with the tank? It looks like too clean a joint for the top to have been cut off, but it must have been welded in place at some point?

Tim said:
Sweet! What's the scoop with the tank? It looks like too clean a joint for the top to have been cut off, but it must have been welded in place at some point?

Actually - it is brand new and came like that in two pieces, I came across an original parts list which showed it thus. The owner then decided if he wanted oil in the interior reservoir - or reserve fuel. It has never been assembled ! My dilemma - do I keep the 100+ year patina, or paint ! My compromise plan at the moment is to retain the original decals and patina and contain that within some pinstriping and paint the rest. I have a guy that will braze it for me, but I'm now thinking solder.

And the cunning plan to disguise / house the electrics and battery. A period 2 gallon petrol can cut down. I'll use the base of the can as the base, and then the can itself will be held in place by period leather straps with all the electrical squitter inside ....... cunning eh !

The tank must have quite a story to tell - started out in Paris, then to a La Francaise Diamant workshop .... and then somehow to England ! The guy I bought it from said it belonged to his Grandfather and was salvaged from his workshop after he passed. Just wonder if there was a bike around as well ! I was really lucky and obtained the La Francaise Diamant headstock logo from French e-bay - a guy in Paris ...... 5 euros !

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!q!E-w+GYe,MBP5wJww2R!~~60_58.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!q!E-w+GYe,MBP5wJww2R!~~60_58.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 591
  • $(KGrHqVHJ!0E+Owq0!j9BP9pDfI-sw~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqVHJ!0E+Owq0!j9BP9pDfI-sw~~60_12.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 576
  • mountain view - autos 002.jpg
    mountain view - autos 002.jpg
    769.6 KB · Views: 211
Here is a reference site for you. They have quite a collection of old USA - based board trackers. They fire one up and ride it around the museum occasionally. https://wheelsthroughtime.com/board-track-america/

trek97 said:
This is a very exciting build, gonna enjoy watching your work.

Thank you kindly sir - I'll do my best not to disappoint !

PJ - thanx for the link. There's not much written about Boardtrackers - I can't find any titles over here in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom