Cafe racer magazine bike show

MILLENNIUM FALCON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I gues it's in sewickley this year...
Is anyone going? Any idea if it will be worth the drive? Im about 3 hours away. Thanks!

Really? that's the kind of info I was looking for. I don't know much about it. I have gotten the magazine for a few years and found it mildly interesting.....I didnt make it to Mid-Ohio this year so when I found out that they were having the show in Pittsburg i thought about taking the wife and the bike down to check it out.

Just saw this thread. Buddy of mine went. Wasn't anything too great I guess. I didn't even know about it until the Fri before.

I have reached out to Mike on various occasions and he has never responded. I like the magazine and have subscribed after reading the first issue, but I have written Mike off.

I had no idea the mag existed, but when I went and looked over the gallery of bikes, this one seems to have sprung a leak:
honda-fighting-cb-238.png

Tune-A-Fish said:
I had no idea the mag existed, but when I went and looked over the gallery of bikes, this one seems to have sprung a leak:
honda-fighting-cb-238.png

It's really beating a dead horse so I'll spare you the details, but I have seen that bike in person. Up close. The "leaks" are the least of the major issues. It's not THAT bad all together, bit there are some really seriously problems. Shame, it's really a weekendor work away from being a solid bike.

VonYinzer said:
It's really beating a dead horse so I'll spare you the details, but I have seen that bike in person. Up close. The "leaks" are the least of the major issues. It's not THAT bad all together, bit there are some really seriously problems. Shame, it's really a weekendor work away from being a solid bike.

I really like the tank, The CR carbs may be a bit overkill, I would like to have a reason to buy a set myself... Looks the part!

DohcBikes said:
That rag features a lot of sub-standard bikes.

That is all.

The linup seems to have a lean towards the modern retro bikes and I am ashamed of anyone who spends that much to own an old "looking" bike. Not that bad though, the Guz is sweet... I think :-\

Looks awesome:
moto-guzzi-18.png

VonYinzer said:

No dead horses here. :):):):)

Tune-A-Fish said:
The linup seems to have a lean towards the modern retro bikes and I am ashamed of anyone who spends that much to own an old "looking" bike. Not that bad though, the Guz is sweet... I think :-\

Looks awesome:
moto-guzzi-18.png
Maybe if it had more checker print... :p

Re: Cafe racer magazine bike show REVIEW with PHOTOS!!!

Well.....Did I go???? Yes! Will I go again? probably not. I took my bike and the wife and I made a day of it. There were a lot of cool bikes there but other than that not much going on. Since I entered my bike in the show I had to be there around 11am and I couldn't leave until 4pm. It was a long day.... I know it was their first year but I would have liked to have seen a little more effort. They could have used a band, some vendors some beer, some shade and a lot more space. They would have been way better off renting out the home depot parking lot. I know I sound whiny but I am just trying to inform you. The bike were sweet and there were a lot of cool ride there. Although they really seemed fond of the new"ish" bike that had bolt on parts... Not my thing but who am I to judge. Wasn't the worst event I have been too but wasn't even close to the best....I would head back to Mid-ohio if I was them.... That is just my two cents and here are some photos! I put pictures of my bike first because....I CAN hahaha.... Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom