My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

All is sorted on my end as I had informed you about earlier. Things actually worked out better and looks like Vintage Racing is back in my future for next year as well. So the Cafe T250 will have race time as well as street time. I am working on a T350 topend for it as well.

Looking forward to your project as well and seeing it on the street/track. Got a GoPro? You are going to have some serious cornering contact patches with those tires.

Nice, glad things are working out for you. I'm not too familiar with the vintage racing scene, I have just seen the 1960's era BSA Goldstar/AJS7R/Manx norton type of racing back in the UK. It's hard for me to think of mid/late seventies bikes being vintage!
My son keeps bugging me about one of those go pro cameras but I could buy a lot of parts for the cost of one of those!

The tyres are some of my michelin supermoto slicks, not sure how they are going to work out yet.

Sorry, this is not a hijak. Zooke I have a line on a T-250 for an asking price of $150.00 he says it recently ran but now he's sold the seat and tank? Opinion please?
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
Sorry, this is not a hijak. Zooke I have a line on a T-250 for an asking price of $150.00 he says it recently ran but now he's sold the seat and tank? Opinion please?
Cheers, 50gary

If it is not locked up and that is all that is missing and doesn't look like he fished it out of the ocean, than I myself would get it at that price.

Eric, I got the inlet manifolds today I'll send them to you tomorrow.

Gary, I have my t500 tank that I won't be using but I'm not sure if its the same as the 250.

Here's the rear Brembo mocked up. Just need to make a couple of spacers and a locator on the swing arm and it'll be good to go.

Attachments

• Brake 1.JPG
    Brake 1.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 257
  • Brake 2.JPG
    Brake 2.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 235

cool build going on here, posting to keep tabs and learn a little more about suzuki's I've got hondas and yamahas in the garage.

jay_kent said:
cool build going on here, posting to keep tabs and learn a little more about suzuki's I've got hondas and yamahas in the garage.

Thanks. Trust me, I'm learning about Suzukis as well!

Small progress, I got the front wheel spacers done. Had to make some sleeves to fit inside the Kawi 636 spacers (25mm axle) to fit the Kawi 650 axle (20mm) then had to reduce the o.d to fit the 650 seals!

Attachments

• FW spacer 1.JPG
    FW spacer 1.JPG
    162 KB · Views: 266
  • FW spacer 2.JPG
    FW spacer 2.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 248

John, sorry to be slow back on the tank offer, I've been tied up tight lately. I'm okay on my tank issue. Your T-500 is going to be very good, impressive. This is going to be a great riding bike IMO.
Cheers, 50gary

No, I bought a Yamaha RT360 parts bike and a spare frame. My idea is air cooled, two stroke, minimum weight, USD fork, mono shock with linkage, rear disc brake, funky old school tank ($5) from a YP3 1968 traditional cafe seat. Pre mix and I may even try to leave it bump start? I've had this bike in my head for some time and I got to do it.
Arte Primitivo
like cave drawings in metal. I will cut the neck and sub frame off tomorrow and dive in. Years ago I was watching YouTube videos of Deal's Gap > Tail of the Dragon and started thinking what would be an ideal bike just for that road?
The GT250 Suzuki I especially like simply because it's not an RD and is so cool I almost bought it to stash in the garage until next build, but hey, I can't get too carried away.
Cheers, 50gary

Sounds like a cool project (do you have it on here)! I must confess I don't know what an RT360 is but I'm guessing it's single cylinder trail type machine. If so it would most likely be fairly lightweight to start out. My biggest weight saving is in the wheels (massive) and fork. I was going to run my T500 premix but everyone advised against it because of issues with crank bearings. Not sure if deals gap is your dream ride or maybe you've already ridden it but mine is Pikes Peak which I want to do on my supermoto KTM. Anyway would like to see pics of your build as it progresses.

John.

I've never been to Deal's Gap but it does look like fun, almost too popular though? The RT1 is a Yamaha Enduro 360 single two stroke. The 360 (actually 351cc) is a tractor, big torque. I want to see how simple I can make it and still be a very effective road bike. I just cut off the rear subframe and swingarm minutes ago. I'll trial fit the new swingarm then cut off the top tube and the down tubes. No pictures yet I'm not so good at the documentation.
My brother's T-500 is keeping the oiler because of the crank bearings, Zooke might have some insight on this issue. Maybe he's mentioned it already and I missed it? If I could only change one thing on a bike (pedal or motor) it would be the wheels and tires. Pike's peak, that would be a ride and a half! I've driven up there but never ridden it. Keep up the great work on the Titan I really look forward to the progress.
Cheers, 50gary

Ok Gary have fun cutting and welding (the part I enjoy the most)! I used to race a KTM 500 2stroke single - that was a brute.

More progress. Installed the bottom end in the frame so that I can fab and install the rear engine mounts to the frame. Swingarm postion relative to the motor came out perfectly.

Attachments

• BE 1.JPG
    BE 1.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 279
  • BE 2.JPG
    BE 2.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 277
  • SA clearance.JPG
    SA clearance.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 272

Wow that is looking sweet man, I use to not like the mono shocks but now I love them. Good inspriation for my next build. I will stay tuned

John, that's great work on the engine to swingarm clearance, perfect. (Feels good doesn't it) I know it's still a work in progress but I wonder if you're going to put a cross tube brace in the front down tubes just above the exhaust headers? I always put that one in. This chassis is setting the T-500 standard for me.
Cheers, 50gary

Back
Top Bottom