My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

My favorite tail light is from the Suzuki SV650. I've used it twice. You're almost there! Has your Dad made it to the States yet, you mentioned he was coming in July and would help with the electrics?
Cheers, 50gary

DesmoBro said:
Looks awesome Man What kind of head lights are those?

Thanks, actually they are called "driving lights" which I got from autozone for $29 don't think they will give out a lot of light. I won't be riding this bike on the road that often and when I do I doubt it will be at night so not a big issue for me.

50gary said:
My favorite tail light is from the Suzuki SV650. I used it twice. You're almost there! Has your Dad made it to the States yet, you mentioned he was coming in July and would help with the electrics?
Cheers, 50gary

I will check out the sv light. My dad just got here yesterday so I will be putting him to work on the bike!

Excellent choice of oil tank. I used the same (or similar) on the Phat Trakka. You make much thicker brackets than me. I use thin gauge sheet steel and bend it or use a bracket cut off another frame (my favorite source).

Auto fab shops sell all manner of sheet steel brackets too.

BTW, make sure that your oil tank breather hole is clear.

Yes I should make stuff thinner especially as I am trying to make this bike as light as possible. Most everything else that I have fabricated on the bike is at what I consider minimum thickness. I will check the breather hole.

Man i got to get back on my 500. To many irons in the fire i guess. Love your bike man

Love the look of the bike! On a side note if you decide to go the SV650 tail light rough PM and I might have a good deal on a Clear Alternatives one for ya. Did I mention I love the lights, not a fan of duels but those look the part!

Started the wiring yesterday. Possibly going to use one headlight on for low beam and two on for high beam just to keep the law happy. It appears that there was no flasher unit on the bike when I got it, that explains why the flasher wires weren't connected up I suppose. I think I am going to get one of the those three terminal Tridon flasher units from Pep Boys. Says it is for use with leds so hopefully that will work out. Still haven't decide on the rear light yet I'll probably just use the cheap led one I had for another project just for mockup.

Well I got all the electrical done except for the horn which I don't have yet but the wiring is in place for it. The Tridon flasher relay works great with the LED turn signals. Not sure if the charging is working properly but I guess i will find out one way or another! This is a milestone on the project as it was the biggest challenge of all. I actually fired the bike up just to make sure everything is working so I am excited to keep moving forward now.

The only major part I have left to do is make the alloy tank which is a project just by itself. I have to also decide if I am going to make the expansion chambers or buy them. Of course I have tons of small things to do like finishing the foot controls, chain guide etc.

Thats great man ,wiring sucks ! would like to see a pic of it all wired up and see where you mounted things if you have . Got mine almost done and always like to see how others have done theres . Now get back to work on that tank ;D

Wiring does suck! When I say the wiring is done I should have said I have got everything electrical working, it looks like a bunch of spaghetti at the moment. Will post pics when it is all neat and tidy.

Here are a couple of pics of where I'm at. Doesn't look like much progress but getting the electrical done (all working at least) is a big hurdle cleared. The tank in the pics is just the stocker for mock up, I am thinking about just modifying it instead of building a whole new tank. Not sure if I can bring myself to cut up this tank though as it is absolutely straight with no dings, would be perfect to use for someones resto. I will probably end up putting a cowl on the front to hide the wiring, originally it was all in the headlight bucket.

Attachments

• sf.JPG
    sf.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 227
  • sr.JPG
    sr.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 211
  • side e.JPG
    side e.JPG
    236 KB · Views: 212
  • top  e.JPG
    top e.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 224

I know it's late in the day to ask, but is there any way to move that battery forward a foot or so? I hate to see it cantilevered out there.

The battery position is a real compromise, I know you are right. However I really don't have anywhere else to put it. Only option is to relocate the oil tank in the space above the shock then move the battery to where the oil tank is now.

What about under the swingarm just behind the pivot - old trick from Triton builders. Or inside the fuel tank fitted into a compartment from below. Or what about the electrics tray - could it be made 2 inches deeper and rearranged? I should have spotted it earlier.

teazer said:
What about under the swingarm just behind the pivot - old trick from Triton builders. Or inside the fuel tank fitted into a compartment from below. Or what about the electrics tray - could it be made 2 inches deeper and rearranged? I should have spotted it earlier.
Will look at possibly locating above swingarm pivot. Off topic but.... where did you get that tacho/speedo that you have on your gt750? Could I use one of those on my 500?

It's a Trail tech Vapor that I got off ebay new at a nicely discounted price - which isn't always the case on that auction site.

Are they model specific or do you calibrate it somehow to suit your bike?

Back
Top Bottom