My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project *Update*

It was bad, I cut the last couple of pitches on thread to where they should be with my needle files!

Nice save. BTW, why are you using an external flywheel ;-) Powerdynamo perhaps? I like the idea and my RZ has a similar set up, but so much weight hanging out there. For track use and simple Motoplat or PVL with internal rotor would be a nice alternative.......

teazer said:
Nice save. BTW, why are you using an external flywheel ;-) Powerdynamo perhaps? I like the idea and my RZ has a similar set up, but so much weight hanging out there. For track use and simple Motoplat or PVL with internal rotor would be a nice alternative.......

I've used motoplats on kart engines before! I am just running the stock ign, is there a motoplat availabe for t500?

johnu said:
I've used motoplats on kart engines before! I am just running the stock ign, is there a motoplat availabe for t500?

In my garage waiting to go on ebay, yes. I was told it came off a T500 but it would need an adapter plate I would expect to fit the stator. I have a couple of very low mileage Motoplats for Yamaha TZ's and one that I bought new with adaptor plate to fit a CB77 that I never got around to building.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Ya, that is a nice save!

Would you care to share the base carb jettings that you are going to use?

I will direct you to this link http://www.suzuki2strokes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12550 on a different forum. You will see a post from Zunspec about 6 down from the top on the first page with a suggestion for a starting point. Hope this helps :)

jimmer said:
HPI:http://www.hpi.be/item.php?item=068K172
So I assume this will make it rev quicker with less flywheel weight correct? Is this the only advantage?

Yes, unless you go with the programmable version or add some of the other options.

teazer said:
Yes, unless you go with the programmable version or add some of the other options.
I'll run stock for now maybe upgrade later on :)

Got the bottom end assembled. Premix all the way now! Pics of the oil pump housing blanking plate plugged injector holes and the feed in the transfer area. Also oil slingers removed on the crankshaft.

Attachments

• IMG_4766.JPG
    IMG_4766.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 566
  • IMG_4767.JPG
    IMG_4767.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_4768.JPG
    IMG_4768.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 582

Perfect!!! And I am so glad you saved that crank end. Like someone else said, that made my heart sink.

jimmer said:
Perfect!!! And I am so glad you saved that crank end. Like someone else said, that made my heart sink.

Yes me too, thought i was in deep $h*t :eek:
And thanks for the help with the premix conversion :)

Moving forward :D Do you think I got the swing arm pivot as close as I could to the cs sprocket as I could ;D

Attachments

• IMG_4769.JPG
    IMG_4769.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_4770.JPG
    IMG_4770.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 711

G450X dirt bike from BMW had it as small as you could. Not sure why this isn't a more adopted solution as it removes need for chain slack too:

e8cf7451627841869c3643d1c48f3b1d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom