Xs750 896cc engine rebuild and chop!

der_nanno said:
That was aimed at Mr. Stecken, but yes, I know the feeling. I've made some myself in the past for really, really nasty bearings. E.g. a needle bearing on a MZ gearbox that was sitting in a blind hole.
They are real easy to make with a lathe and mill, my father showed how to hydropress out needle bearing out of blind holes, really neat. Involved a wet paper towel and a close fitting drift.

Something definitely happened.. gonna have to get a new slab of bronze..
e787ba3bbbcba97beab8257241eab409.jpg

Started on a muffler, think its gonna be nice when its done. Tonights exercise will be drilling hundreds of holes to the inner pipe. It just sounds a lot nicer with damping.
167f8c3c0a3cb5a54ad254e8ae4a0979.jpg

Exhaust is almost completed, gonna make a mounting bracket, and still thinking about whether to chrome the thing or paint it black. Might just go with black for this season, dont have a lot of time for grind and polish..
It does look better with taller shocks in this configuration.. thinking about shortening the hoop a bit more before i finish that part.
Right now i just want to finish it so i get to ride it this summer..

dbc2bb36272568b46cb51ea691c79a09.jpg

der_nanno said:
You may call it "unambitious", but I call it good looking. It suits the lines of the bike.
Thanks, stitching and assembly was maybe 1 hours work, threw it together real quick! Coloring got kinda funny, dunked the hide in hot water as it really did not fit the saddle at first, turns out i love it, goes really well with the rest!

You literally could not have made a seat that fits that bike any better! And the best part is now you get to saddle up and ride 8)

That's great - here in Quebec if you store a bike for longer than 12 months it has to go through a safety inspection again. Modded and chopped bikes (even small indicators or bar end mirrors) have a tough time passing their exam. Some stuff you can sling back on the bike for the exam but if you've gone balls out on a build then it's a different story. Sweden sounds great - one and done!

The Jimbonaut said:
That's great - here in Quebec if you store a bike for longer than 12 months it has to go through a safety inspection again. Modded and chopped bikes (even small indicators or bar end mirrors) have a tough time passing their exam. Some stuff you can sling back on the bike for the exam but if you've gone balls out on a build then it's a different story. Sweden sounds great - one and done!
Yea it used to be pretty tough on inspections here, its one thing thats improved - cars older than 50 yrs and bikes over 40 are exempt from this year, new rule you can still get pulled over by the cops on your favorite deathtrap and be ordered to get it inspected again though.

Dude, your avatar. Am I looking at a morose office clown teabagging a hospital patient?

Perfect. Whenever I'm having a shitty day I can think of that patient and remind myself that someones waaaaaaaaaay worse off

Back
Top Bottom