SR500 RACE BIKE - Tracy body kit - Survivor - Ohio

I agree. Tracy body for me.

Go with they Yamaha Yellow Block decals. It will look rad!

If you were to use a small belly pan and a small bikini fairing it wouldn't look so out of place either.

Maybe extend the swing arm a little as well.

If you want to try yellow, there are lots of possibilities.

King Kenny style
roberts-ride.jpg

Or
k-roberts-rz-350-1.jpg

To get away with RZ style, you could paint the top section of the side panels on the same diagonal line as the rear section lower edge. That would visually change the shape.

You could also try the 500 style but move it lower to continue a thin line under the seat something like this RD400 but make a thin black/white line continue the lower edge of the black section to link front and rear physically as well as visually.

20060304141458-0-557.jpg

I'm sure others will have better ways to show that or can offer alternate colors.

Bottom line is that it's your bike to do with as you please.

imwastefull said:
Maaaaaaan, that looks rad. Did they make a factory rd350 or 400 in the Kenny colors?

I believe just the RZ350. My FIL has the exact same one Teazer just posted. I think its for sale ^.^

I say Tracy, but find a fairing for the front.
It's a bit uggo without it, and i don't care how "unique" something is, if it's ugly it's still ugly.

"but she's got a great personality..."

imwastefull said:
Maaaaaaan, that looks rad. Did they make a factory rd350 or 400 in the Kenny colors?

They did offer an RD400E in yellow with black /white stripes according to:

http://www.aircooledrdclub.com/smf/index.php?topic=869.0

My RZ looks pretty much like that picture I posted but mine came with Spec11 pipes and a Corbin seat.

DERAIL WARNING - haha

Sorry for the U-turn but I need some help getting this bird started. I kicked my brains out today and never got so much as a sputter. I'm hoping there's an sr500 wizard here that can lend me a hand.

Quick Facts -
Brand New Mikuni vm38 - bought from Niche Cycle as specc'd for an sr500
Brand new plug - tried a Bp6es and an Iridium
Bright white spark, she's sparking just fine.

So, I have fuel, I have spark, WHAT GIVES? haha.

The most I got was a few balls of fire directly into my shins. I tried AC on/off, choke on/off, starting fluid, nothing.

any suggestions? Any tuning I could do to the ignition?

Tough call:

The TT tank setup is not bad, clean and efficient but it's... ordinary.

The Tracy setup is certainly unique and distinctive. It took me a while but I finally figured it out, the thing sort of looks like the result of a wild, drunken night between a SR500 and a Honda Helix.

Are you priming the engine with a few half-hearted kicks and the throttle open, then finding TDC in the window before you kick it over for real?

Also, the Tracy body just needs the fairing. I see it similarly as the BMW R100RS. They look totally whack without the fairing because the seat cowl is so long.

No, not really. After some reading last night, I learned the standard starting procedure with these bikes. This is my first sr500 and I had no idea that you cant adjust timing and there's a technique to using the decomp lever and such.

TLDR - I'm dumb but still in disbelief that she won't start.

I know its a different animal all together, but on my XL350, my starting procedure was to turn the fuel on, give the bowl a few seconds to fill up. Kick over twice with ignition switch off. Roll the engine over slowly with the kicker until its at TDC (you kinda have to get a feel for it) then one good, hard, smooth kick all the way through and it fired up every time.

You can also put it in first gear and then roll it backwards until it comes up on compression. That way you know that it is just past TDC on the compression stroke. You will then be able to get a complete kick through. Do not stop partway through a kick with an SR500 or it will be perfectly happy to kick back and fire your right knee into the bottom of the front master cylinder.

It does indeed.

The potential issue with a long horizontal stripe is that it tends to make it look even longer.

Attachments

• Roadsterization-PtII.jpg
    Roadsterization-PtII.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 625
  • yell1.jpg
    yell1.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 177
Wow those old adds are awesome. I'd love to come across a fairing some day. If anyone ever sees one, keep me in mind!

Check out Airtech. They may have something similar or one you like better.
I am a big fan of the Sportster style but I don't think it would suit your body work. Maybe one off a ZRX might look good.

On another note, the angle of the body looks off. I think the front forks could do with being a bit taller. How much shorter are they than stock?

Back
Top Bottom