www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride  (Read 45703 times)

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
Re: 1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride
« Reply #470 on: Jun 23, 2018, 10:49:13 »
Betting I know a really good dude who could turn a few of those out to fit Fluke meter leads. 
You know, to pass out to his buddies.   ;)
I guess I'm not getting why you would want to.  I bought this for my tail bag, for testing when out on the road or trails.  It has a sharp tip that you can poke into insulation and the light comes on to tell you if you have power.  The yellow wire is your negative.  Plugging into a Fluke seems redundant. It already has  feature to tell you if there's voltage. 

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #471 on: Jun 23, 2018, 11:51:18 »
Probably just likes the idea of a screw in fitting for ground side? It could be handy when troubleshooting as well. Alligator clip often 'falls off' while your moving around
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #472 on: Jun 23, 2018, 22:24:34 »
Yea the copper negative part looks to thread into hole.  If it just had a female end i could plug my meter lead into it and not mess w clip jumpers.

Ill get a pic when I get to work on Monday.  As my home fluke has cheapy leads that dont actually come apart to swap out the ends. like my good leads do.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2018, 22:27:47 by trek97 »

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #473 on: Jun 23, 2018, 22:31:22 »
Yea the copper negative part looks to thread into hole.  If it just had a female end i could plug my meter lead into it and not mess w clip jumpers.

Ill get a pic when I get to work on Monday.  As my home fluke has cheapy leads that dont actually come apart to swap out the ends. like my good leads do.
I still don't understand why you would want this to plug into a Fluke or any electronic meter.  This is nothing more than a +/- make the light go on kind of thing.  It tests a line to confirm power.  That's why it works for static timing.

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #474 on: Jun 24, 2018, 11:54:28 »
We have an electronics and general 'junk' shop down here,  (Skycraft) It's dead easy to make whatever leads you want. (gold plated contacts with silver plated copper wire, silicon insulation, etc) The ends are standard 'banana' plugs, the screw in part is easy to make with whatever thread you want Silver has best conductivity but copper comes second, both oxidise though. If you need specific threaded ends let me know. Copper is pretty horrid to machine but not impossible. I may make some for myself with 5mm and 6mm thread as it will be a lot more convenient when checking things, took way longer than it should have to re-set timing on the T305 Friday - 500 mile service/check over.  I wish I had thought of making screw in leads 30+ yrs ago when I was doing this full time  ::)
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 11:57:02 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0

Offline WhyNot

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • ~~~If it ain't raining, I'm riding~~{iii}?~~prost~
« Reply #475 on: Jun 25, 2018, 08:42:07 »
Messing with timing, I thought Id show off my favorite tool for static timing. Its a voltage tester that comes with a threaded cap. The cap shares the same thread pattern as the points cover screw. Makes for an easy time...

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I have one of those............and a Fluke.
2006 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
1975 Honda CB750K5 needs carb work
1974 Honda CB350F2 needs tins painted (being lazy)
1972 Honda CB175K2 roller no engine
1972 Honda CB/CL350 Engines need roller
1972 Honda SL350K2 Frame for above engine
1972 Honda CB100K2 needs kicker shaft
1990 Mitsubishi MM needs engine rebuild
1984 Dodge D50 Beater DD since 1997

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #476 on: Jun 25, 2018, 09:36:16 »
Me too.  I get having a lead that screws in, though.  I was confused why get this thing to plug into the Fluke since it doesn't do anything the Fluke can do better.  You can get leads with a terminal connector already.  They also have leads that fit into bullet connectors.

Offline trek97

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #477 on: Jun 25, 2018, 18:43:03 »
Me too.  I get having a lead that screws in, though.  I was confused why get this thing to plug into the Fluke since it doesn't do anything the Fluke can do better.  You can get leads with a terminal connector already.  They also have leads that fit into bullet connectors.

My meter at work has the bullet style leads w ends that can be swapped out for different applications.  I just need a cool copper one w the threads on it that would plug into the leads.  Thats what I thought you had, something similar.  As I didn't notice the little light in it.

Offline ryan_289

« Reply #478 on: Jul 08, 2018, 12:15:27 »
I really like the build. I just  bought a cb360 from a guy at work. The backroad/forest service road theme is where I was leaning.  Your fab skills are amazing, mine will not be quite as custom!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #479 on: Jul 08, 2018, 13:25:50 »
I really like the build. I just  bought a cb360 from a guy at work. The backroad/forest service road theme is where I was leaning.  Your fab skills are amazing, mine will not be quite as custom!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Thanks, man. I just sold this one at Mid-O. It was a fun scoot.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON