Universal - Adjustable Rearset - more pictures and discount option

sivilized said:
Is Viet around?

Really sorry for late response. I have check on the website for the GS425 and I believe your measurement is not correct. Could you please remeasure the following:1) the distance from rear passenger peg mounting to the gear shift shaft. 2) the distance from rear passenger peg on the right to the brake shaft where the foot brake pedal mounted to and 3) the detail photo of that brake shaft spline and the OD of the shaft since Suzuki brake shaft spline has different patent to Yamaha and Honda.
Thanks

Here are the pics of the spline for shifter and brake. The distance from rear passenger peg to shifter shaft is 13.5" center to center and the distance from rear passenger peg to brake lever shaft looks like 7.25" center to center. Hope this helps.

Brake:

mlzervas said:
Can I get a paypal invoice sent for a set for a 74 honda cb350f please.
I have cb400f which could mount on the cb350f. Let me know your paypal email so i can send you invoice. Thanks

Re: Universal - Adjustable Rearset - CB500k?

Wow what a thread, just went through it, took hours. Even so, still shaky on fitment on a '72 CB500K (4). Not sure how similar the frame is to a 750, passenger peg mount point looks too high, frame clamp? Must be pretty common bike for rear sets no? My first build so am only planning as of yet. Great stuff, you're to be commended for your industry and ingenuity.

Fr_Gus said:
Hey Phil do you have pics of the rear set installed on the brake side? I want to know if you can still use the stock rear brake switch and if so how you did it. I also have a 72 CB175 and want to get these rearsets.

Hey guy, sorry for the late reply, but my plan is exactly what Viet has said (drill hole and use stock spring). I had the brake side on, but while I had the wheel off I worked (slowly) on a few other things. Then it got cold (I'm in Michigan), so I haven't completely finished the brake side install yet. I will post pics as soon as I am done. Feel free to PM me any time.

jvandyke said:
Wow what a thread, just went through it, took hours. Even so, still shaky on fitment on a '72 CB500K (4). Not sure how similar the frame is to a 750, passenger peg mount point looks too high, frame clamp? Must be pretty common bike for rear sets no? My first build so am only planning as of yet. Great stuff, you're to be commended for your industry and ingenuity.
For the Cb500F, i believe you could you the frame clamp. If you have the distance, brake shaft patent and size then i will make any set for you

Viet,
For some reason I can't post pics in pm so I'll do it here.
I finally am turning my attention to this 1975 cb550k cafe build after two years. A 1978 GS1000e and an MGB got in the way.

Great rear sets and service! After pulling out your rear sets for reassembly i seem to be missing a piece that actuates and goes around the shifter spindle and connect to the shift rod. Am I missing it or do I need to fab up something?

Dave

Attachments

• cb cafe 014.JPG
    cb cafe 014.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 302
  • cb cafe 013.JPG
    cb cafe 013.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • cb cafe 008.JPG
    cb cafe 008.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 327
cafedallas said:
Viet,
For some reason I can't post pics in pm so I'll do it here...........
Dave

Since your frame looks very similar to my 500's, I wonder how you settled on the passenger peg mount for your rear sets. Seem too far back and high up when I tried that, just curious.

I haven't read through this whole thread so if this question has already been answered I apologize. Do you make these rear set controls for a T500 Suzuki? If you do, how much would they be shipped to the US?

Hi,
I do not have rearset for T500. But I got a set that close fit. You might need to modify a bit ( rod length) to make it fit
Thanks

this thread is super long but I like what I saw on the first page. Do you still have these for sale? I have a CB750k1 I'd like to mount them on and I live in the states, let me know thanks

Back
Top Bottom