My first build - 75 Honda CL360 Scrambler

Make sure the clutch basket is put together properly. If one thing doesn't slide together in just the right way so all the notches fit together, it ends up giving the clutch discs just enough room so you don't get spring tension. Ask me how I know

For reference from my manual:
d190b3d967bb9f01454527cdd8f55ed5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clutch basket looks right, it looks like this side of the engine has never been opened before. When I pull the clutch handle nothing happens on the right side. nothing moves.

How are things on the left, where the cable routes?

Pulling the lever should move the arm, which causes a pivot on three ball bearings and pushes on the actuator rod. There's also meant to be another bearing that fits between the rod and the lever.

Attachments

• honda-cb360-sport-1974-usa-left-crankcase-cover-starting-chain_bighu0231e9009_094e.gif
    honda-cb360-sport-1974-usa-left-crankcase-cover-starting-chain_bighu0231e9009_094e.gif
    146.4 KB · Views: 204
when we pull on the handle the cable pulls the lever inside the chamber up but there is no pressure, so the friend that was over last night took the screws out of the left cover and said when you pull the clutch handle there should be pressure basically pushing the cover off but that does not happen.

It's common to lose the ball bearing (#21 in the pic) and this will cause the symptoms you're describing. If the ball bearing is present, you might need to adjust screw #6.

Yeah the ball bearing is there and we've adjusted #6 screw in and out and there is no tension. We're completely baffled.

You are turning #6 screw right direction? To tighten adjustment you unscrew it, that moves the ball bearing lifter(parts ( #4, #7,#8) closer to pushrod

Yeah, PJ, we were going counterclockwise but we tried it both directions and felt nothing.
Which part is the actuator rod? I can look at that tonight.

The actuator rod is the long (11" maybe) rod that the cam and ball bearing pushes on to disengage the clutch

thrillseeker said:
Make sure the clutch basket is put together properly. If one thing doesn't slide together in just the right way so all the notches fit together, it ends up giving the clutch discs just enough room so you don't get spring tension. Ask me how I know

For reference from my manual:
d190b3d967bb9f01454527cdd8f55ed5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rod is #14 push piece #10 isn't missing? Pressure plate#5 is OK?

Nothing appears to be missing but please feel free to check, here are pictures of both sides.

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 495
See the little pointy cone on sprocket cover? Clutch operating arm should line up with or slightly below it. You may need to shorten outer cable until it can line up? I realise cover is hanging on cable, it should be simple to lift cover and check things. Otherwise, can't see anything glaring wrong.

That's what I was just going to ask about. How far should #6 be screwed into #7? Should #7 be seated all the way back into that bowl it sits in?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 210
It looks like you're missing part 8 in the drawing. Also, you said you have the ball bearing in the hole my arrow points too, correct?

index.php

Yes I have #8 just not in the picture because I was asking about #7. And yes the ball bearing is in where your arrow is pointing to. PJ I'm not sure what pointy cone you are referring to. I'm incredibly frustrated at this point.

On the 4 pictures you posted, top right pic. count down 4 coils from top of return spring and look a little to left. Taking a closer look at picture, you nhave adjuster unscrewed, that's the last tyhing you do. Screw all the adjusters in to get max 'length' of inner wire. The return spring is also the wrong one and too long

When you adjust the screw #6 you are pushing #7 against #8 and #4 you can adjust that screw all the way until you feel resistance and the back 1/4 turn

OK, I knew I had one sitting around. Here's a pic of inside of cover showing relevant parts. I'm pretty certain combination of wrong return spring and K&L cable is your problem

Attachments

• DSCN7452.JPG
    DSCN7452.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom